• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

s a b a l . 

Sabal says nothing to Maze’s comment about her eyeballs but does throw her friend a rather impressive looking scowl. The kelpie is still reeling from the fact that there are legit monsters.

Sabal’s fears very much mirrored Mazikeen’s. Her immediate though was that there were three points of entry to the lake and there was no way she’d be able to watch all of them at the same time.  None of Hyaline’s other residents had the same affection for the water that she did, so that left the water entrances wide open to anything nefarious.  Normally, that wouldn’t really bother Sabal because anything normal that swam was fully within her wheelhouse to handle. But magical disappearing monsters? Ummm. That was above her pay grade.

Despite her looks and, well, overall personality…Sabal was one who liked to be prepared. Again, crises were her particular specialty but this was something unexpected.  How did she deal with something she (and apparently everyone else) couldn’t even see?!  Coming up with a solution to this was unlikely at best and that left her more than a little unsettled.  But she knew that she certainly hadn’t seen anything that Maze had described here to this point, so she could only gnash her teeth together and hope it stayed that way.  But of course these two dysfunctional idiots couldn’t just share the fact that they were rightfully concerned by the fact that literal actual monsters were threatening their home, so the foolery and posturing continued.

”Monsters with no shape who conveniently appeared when the sun went on vacation. That’s just fabulous. she says, with a frustrated little huff.  ”Well I certainly haven’t seen anything like that here, so you better not have brought any home with you, Mazikeen or I swear to God I’ll kill you myself!” Oh yeah. Maze got full named. Kelpie girl was serious.

“And mark my words – if any show up here I’ll show them how to swim.” she said with a not-quite ferocious slap of her tail against the calm lake waters.  Which she immediately regretted because if there were monsters maybe she shouldn’t be causing a ruckus. Oops.

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes.
    manip by squirt

@[Mazikeen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Sabal - 02-04-2021, 04:54 PM