• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now

s a b a l . 

Sabal had retreated to the depths when the sun did not return to the sky. There was some comfort there - in the unchanging darkness beneath the surface. Her the flickers of bioluminescence were normal - and their presence was a comfort, not a lingering reminder that something far beyond her comprehension was unfolding above. Not that she’d ever admitted to not understanding what the hell was going on.

Sabal had a special talent for handling crises well. It was a gift, really.  But, for the time being, her current strategy was just to ignore anything bad was happening up there. And it seemed to be working until someone had to demand her attention.

The kelpie whirled in the clear waters, narrowing her eyes at the incessant splashing. She immediately had her suspicions about who it was.  A small pulse of relief ran through her before it was replaced by the familiar annoyance. If Maze was here to annoy her, at least she was still alive.

The teal mare reaches the surface quickly - propelled by strong fins and wings alike - appearing in the shallows before the mountain lion she knew to be her friend. The water around her glowed, which was strange to see considering it should have been daytime.  Sabal frowned at the glowing water for the briefest of moments before making her way towards the cougar-mare.

“You know you could just turn yourself into a marine creature and just, like, come and find me without making such a fuss,” Sabal said with a flick of her long tail, inclining her head towards her sort of friend. Frenemy? Idk.

“So, what’s this news? Did you, um, miss me or something?” She adds with a very un-subtle wink.

can’t stop staring at those ocean eyes.
    manip by squirt

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now - by Sabal - 01-08-2021, 04:45 PM