• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not your baby
    As the two collide in a crash of emotions and tears, one thought tugs at the back of Cirilla’s mind: doesn’t she see how ugly I am?

Burn scars trace their way up one side of her face, twisting her markings into a hideous pattern. The line of scars swirls down her neck and along her side, much like the gold she was born with - the pinkish flesh contrasts horribly with her blues and golds and Ciri knows that she looks more like a ruined monster than an angel these days. Does Tarte see it? Will she cringe away once the tears dry and her vision isn’t so blurred?

Ciri’s heart won’t be able to take it if she does.

She is in the midst of burying her lips in the base of Tarte’s mane when the magenta woman pulls away, and her head falls gracelessly as space opens up between them. The accusation in her voice is unmistakable and Ciri looks away, squeezing her eyes shut against the disappointment in Tarte’s voice. “You didn’t look for me,” she accuses in return, but there is no malice there, only a deep, yearning sadness.

There is a long silence before Ciri’s eyes find Tarte’s again, and Ciri finds herself crying even harder than before, not knowing the words to make it right. “Everyone left me,” she says, her voice remarkably steady. “Yadigar was magicked away and Phyx burned me and Virgil and Frenzy disappeared and Mother went mad and Father died and I was so hurt and so alone and I didn’t want you to see me like that because nothing I said would’ve changed the way you felt about Yadigar or the way I felt about you and it broke my heart every day thinking of you and how lonely you must’ve been and I - ”

She cuts off suddenly as she realizes she’s become a babbling mess, shaking her head to try and clear her thoughts.

But there is no going back now; she has already said all of the words that she has been holding back for so long. “I’ve been… so in love with you since the day we met, Tarte,” she whispers, not knowing if there are words that can convey how she feels. “But you were in love with Gar, it was so clear to see, and how could I compete with him? He is everything I’m not - strong, a dragon, amazing, and me? I’m just Ciri. I wasn’t born with any of that. And I just… I thought that when you saw how ugly I’ve become, you’d want nothing to do with me. I had my beauty once, but not anymore. Now I’m just… this. And I figured a clean break would be easier than finding you and saying all of this and hurting us both more in the long run and…”

She stops again and swallows hard past the lump in her throat, suddenly finding it hard to breathe. “My feelings never changed, even after so long apart,” she continues, eyes never leaving Tarte’s. “I love you, Tarte, and that’s all I really know.”

@[Tarte]

Messages In This Thread
    Not your baby - by Tarte - 01-03-2021, 12:30 PM
    RE: Not your baby - by cirilla - 01-30-2021, 10:25 PM
    RE: Not your baby - by Tarte - 02-08-2021, 05:51 PM
    RE: Not your baby - by cirilla - 02-17-2021, 12:14 AM
    RE: Not your baby - by Tarte - 03-08-2021, 09:45 PM