• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves

Anubias doesn’t mind tears or sadness - they’re a part of life and they’re always temporary. But he loves Cheri’s happiness and the way it animates even the way she walks. He’s grinning brightly as she even flares out her wings to emphasize the size of Taiga and the trees that exist with them. Anubias likes to think his imagination is pretty good but even his brain cannot accurately picture the trees she describes - except for the colour. That’s easy, because the reference is attempting to settle back into sleep as she gets used to the way his back moves with his gait.

“That sounds so cool!” He exclaims brightly, really hoping he’ll be able to see them on his own one day - especially when the sun is back so he can really see them. Right now he imagined everything in Beqanna pretty well looked the exact same. At her question, he shrugs a little as he replies “I don’t really live anywhere in particular.” But there’s no sorrow in this statement - Anubias has been given no reason to dislike his life or wish for anything other than what he’s been given. “My parents spend a lot of time in the Forest - that’s how they get lost so easily, all those trees. But they’re only like, normal sized trees. And none of them match Creature.”

He glances back at the red panda who just opens her eyes a little to blink at him before settling down again and he is still grinning when he glances at Cheri. “It’s always just been the three of us - my mom, me, and my dad. I didn’t even know there were lands beyond the common areas until recently.” A whole world beyond them, “Is Taiga the best, do you think?” Cheri might be far from an unbiased opinion but the mere fact that she knew even one more land meant the metallic colt easily assumes she's an expert on the subject.

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves - by Anubias - 04-15-2021, 07:01 PM