• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves

An overabundance of naivete meant that Anubias has not yet really experienced fear. He had not even been particularly worried about the darkness (possibly because he had not managed to stumble across any of the monsters as of yet). He is, however, quickly sympathetic to Cheri’s situation and he reaches out to bump her gently, encouragingly, on the neck. He doesn’t know what it is to be scared, not really, but he doesn’t like to see his newest friend worried.

“Oh, it’s okay to be scared! I bet they just got lost, everything looks the same right now so it'd be real easy to.” If it weren’t for the river being right beside them, Anubias wouldn’t even know where they are. He imagined that the meadow looked much like the forest too - except in the woods you had a slightly higher chance of running into a tree. “My parents sometimes get lost too and I need to find them.”

Of course, much like Anubias is going to pretend his companion is named Creature for Cheri’s sake, his parents did not let him know that they never got lost - he did.

He falls quiet for a moment, thinking hard about how he can help Cheri from Taiga. He wishes that he had paid more attention when his mom had told him about the different lands. It hadn’t seemed like important information then but it probably would be helpful now!

There’s definitely no chance that Anubias could do nothing. He and Cheri are friends now and he wasn’t about to just walk off and leave her to look for her parents on her own, especially if they were lost. Parents were always getting lost. “I’m sorry I don’t know where Taiga is… but maybe we can find your parents or someone that knows which way to your home? Six eyes are better than two. What do your parents look like?” Anubias quite liked this plan - it was like having a quest!

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves - by Anubias - 03-11-2021, 08:28 PM