• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves

The light that meets the dark

In the pleasant quiet, Cheri waited for the Creature’s answer. Anubias took her suggestion and also a smile to boot; his winged companion hadn’t expected that her name idea would be taken so seriously, but she appreciated the gentlemanly kindness of a stranger in the midst of chaos. They could keep their secret: Cheri was happy enough to be none-the-wiser, and eternally grateful for a stroke of luck that sent these two her way. The green colt had been the last thing Cheri had expected to come across in the dark, and as she looked between him and the companion he’d found, her equally soft heart warmed with a fresh appreciation for happy mistakes.

“I’m Cheri!” She told him quite naturally, voice bubbling. “Cheri from Taiga—which is where I’m heading, I think.” She followed through, hesitating when it came to the matter of how she ended up on the Riverbanks in the first place.

Under the strange, thin light of the Eclipse she looked around, thrown off her bearings. The trees and the shape of the water seemed sinister now that she thought about her detachment, and the old fear from before came creeping in again to give her a little shiver. Cheri pulled her wings closer, swallowing, and focused on the bubble of calm that Anubias seemed capable of creating around them. Creature seemed to be curled peacefully on his backside, content in the little atmosphere of tranquility.

“I’m… scared.” She admitted quietly to him, knowing that Anubias was probably already aware. But it felt better to Cheri just to address her problems head-on, get them out in the open where he could hear them and she could confront them. “My parents were supposed to come for me, but they never did.”

She glanced toward the sky and its ominous warning, thinking of Pappa Yan and Mother Ama somewhere out there, possibly dead, and Cheri bit her lip to hold back the warble in her thin little voice.

@[Anubias]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves - by Cheri - 03-08-2021, 10:02 AM