• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves

When a compliment is received from the filly, a tiny pink tongue sticks out from the red creature towards Anubias. Someone knew the right thing to say and it certainly wasn’t him!

There’s something incredibly comforting and normal about this interaction - it’s something that could just as easily have been happening under some bright sunshine. Anubias’ belief that this darkness is not so terrible solidifies as he watches his friend mull over his question about a name - and he lights up with a grin at her suggestion.

“Creature! Well, that’s certainly accurate.” He turns his head to the fuzzy creature where it lies on his back, opening one eye to again regard the pair of green youths with a curious gaze. “What do you think?” The animal tilts its wide face a little to the side… which isn’t a no, but not a yes either. Anubias tilts his head in the same direction, feeling something pass between him and the… creature. A silent agreement that they weren’t about to hurt the feelings of their new friend.

For as long as they were in the company of this friend, his companion would be called Creature and that was going to be that. The little beast gifts a small nod before closing its eyes again, settling in and preparing to ignore the youths now that this matter is taken care of - and Anubias turns to the filly with a triumphant grin. “I think we like it!”

And then another thought, thankfully, comes along on the tail end of that one and he brightens a little further - his pale green eyes sparkling in the low light. Speaking of names, though - I never did get yours.”

@[Cheri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I dreamed myself a bird who could cross the waves - by Anubias - 02-26-2021, 09:24 PM