• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  heaven help me for the way I am

Although she had been looking for him, Mazikeen wasn’t actually expecting Gale to be the one to come over. Her surprise blossoms into a handful of new questions that join the others in her mind. Where are his wings? His horns? And where had that companion been hiding this whole time?

She doesn’t remember seeing the black osprey during their fight - or maybe if she had it was lost in her memory with everything that had happened since - and she feels her heart flutter at the sight of it as the bird lands on Gale. She stares right back at those yellow eyes for a moment. Although it is a different colour than the ospreys she knew, she’d recognize that shape anywhere - it was one of her favourites.

The presence of the osprey, combined with Gale’s words that are laced with good humour, eases her expression away from the scowl that had been so close to the surface. Her whole body relaxes a bit, and for the moment she does not mind that they aren’t going to clash into another fight right away. The anger and shame that churn in her heart feel distant and Mazikeen discovers that she’s okay with allowing herself to be distracted. She had come here to prove something to both herself and to him but - well, he did have a point about the timing.

“I guess not.” She replies with a slight roll of her eyes and there’s a smile there, illuminated by the flicker of the fire. She won’t be able to hold it forever, but at least for now, they can both get a break from the darkness. “Did you have anything to do with the sun breaking, then?” Her tone is light and teasing as she says it, even though she does wonder.

And then, because there are just too many questions bouncing around her head to do them one at a time, she follows it up with another - a note of concern working its way in this time. “What happened to your wings and horns?”

MAZIKEEN
    mazikeen

@[Gale]

Messages In This Thread
    heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 01-02-2021, 10:09 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 01-03-2021, 10:36 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 01-03-2021, 04:32 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 01-03-2021, 09:34 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 01-04-2021, 12:06 AM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 01-04-2021, 02:28 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Mazikeen - 01-04-2021, 09:08 PM
    RE: heaven help me for the way I am - by Gale - 01-05-2021, 10:01 AM