• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone; hourglass
    — and how long must I stay, will I lay by your side
    just to say that I'm yours and you'll never be mine —
    He seems so angry with her, and she is still so confused by it. When they had first met he, like so many others, had been overly cautious around her. It was difficult not to, with those delicate glass legs that look like they would shatter from a single misstep, an entire body that could be broken apart in a single blow.

The glass heart that no one knew existed, a heart that simply did not match her own strength and resilience.
    A heart that was going to break and there would be nothing she could do to stop it.

He is not treating her like she is made of glass now, though. He turns and he snaps at her in a way that makes her visibly shrink back, that makes her light-colored eyes begin to darken with tears. She wants to ask him why, but the question seems to stick in her throat. She wants to ask him what she did wrong, and it’s like the words are turned to ash before she can even get them to her tongue.

“You’re mad at me,” she says to him—a statement, not a question. The tears that she had fought so hard to hold back suddenly break loose, spilling from her violet eyes and in currents down the red glass of her cheek. The faint, thin scratches across her heart feel like they are burning, and like her chest is going to shatter apart. And with the pain there comes humiliation and shame, because she has worked so hard to never show any weakness, to never give anyone a reason to think she was just as fragile as she looked.

“I don’t need your help, Aureus,” her words are still wet and trembling with tears but there is a ferocity building behind them, a fierce kind of desperation to not be weak. “I can save myself,” she manages to choke around the knot in her throat, suddenly veering away from him, not even caring what direction she is heading.
    hourglass
    — with this love like a hole,
    swallow my soul —

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone; hourglass - by Hourglass - 02-28-2021, 03:45 AM