• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

FM station on the outskirts | aegean
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

Before the darkness, Ischia had seemed a paradise apart from the world, a home without danger. There was only sunshine, warm water, white beaches, and time spent with his loved ones. Concerns he’d once had, those of being a princeling or an heir of a ruler were nothing but distant memories, so far gone they might as well belong to another Pteron entirely. War seemed distant on the mainland, and there was never talk of theft or challenge or of conquering the rest of Beqanna. There was safety, and now with the darkness, that has all been pulled out from under him.

He leans against Aegean with a quiet sigh, breathing in the familiar scent of the other stallion.

Ahead of them, the world transforms with the power of Aegean’s magic. The stars fall from the sky and land along the beach, and fires in every shade lick playfully at them, so realistic he imagines he even feels the heat of them. Pteron hums appreciatively, nodding at the impressive display. He remembers a promise he’d once made, about dancing lights in the sky, and says against Aegean’s warm cheek: “I once told Oriash I would show her the polar lights. Maybe when this all ends we can go on a family vacation.”

At the other’s mention of his shoulders, Pteron replies that “They will be if I keep at it,” but it is with a small smile, the humor returning to his gaze after the earlier illumination. For all Aegean’s own love of dreaming and getting lost in thought, he has always been very good at pulling Pteron out from his own infrequent bouts with moroseness. Adding a playful flex of his shoulder where it rests against the other’s side, Pteron then glances back up at the distant ring of light.

Something dark moves across it, and Pteron at first thinks he’s imagined it. Then it happens again, and he frowns. When it does not happen again, Pteron is turning to ask something of Aegean when he sees it a third time. The pegasus grows quite still.

@[aegean]

-- pteron --

@[The Monsters] please mess with his happiness induction

Messages In This Thread
    FM station on the outskirts | aegean - by Pteron - 12-26-2020, 05:59 PM
    RE: FM station on the outskirts - by aegean - 12-30-2020, 03:35 AM
    RE: FM station on the outskirts | aegean - by Pteron - 01-30-2021, 08:41 AM