• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  holding my breath in the dark; molech

Molech

Her thoughts pause and in the same breath, Molech does as well. He tenses as the forest falls to silence and stillness, wondering if the little shifter has turned her back and fled. The only movement is a twitch of his goldenrod nostrils, attempting to hide the frustration that begins to well up inside him as the seconds tick by. Has he lost another so quickly, already? Hadn’t he played the part - meek, gentle, curious? But he is soon relieved when movement brings his lavender gaze further upward and to the branches, where his gaze follows a meadow lark that darts above him. In a breath of a moment, Aero materalizes in front of him - the lark now forgotten.

Her shift is graceful, something that he finds admirable about her. Molech tips his chin upwards, taking careful but intentional steps towards her on his white stockinged legs. “Of course,” he confesses to her without hesitation, the furrow of confusion on his brow quite genuine - why would she not cross his mind? She was his, didn’t she know that?

Aero’s eyes are downcast - shy, timid - but he is ever patient. Only a few moments pass before she glances at him and he meets her with a cunning smile, warm and welcoming - fondly, even. In their time apart she had grown, much as he has, and he finds that his attraction (possession, obsession) grows just as fiercely. Molech’s eyes travel across her affectionately, studying each subtle change, briefly ensuring that nothing about her made her appear less than perfect.

Her thoughts are his, emboldening him and causing that smile on his lips to ease into relaxation - their time apart did not weaken their bond, it seems.

“I had been thinking you forgot about me,” he purrs, halting his advancing steps towards her and tilting his head at her curiously. “That you found me in the woods and then left me here without a thought. But you’re here now - so that can’t have been true, can it?” His voice sounds hurt and his soft lavender gaze hardens with something worrisome - like concern or some type of veiled threat. Molech's eyes narrow slightly as he presses his own voice into her mind delicately. Please tell me I was wrong, Aero. He needed to hear it.
    YOUR PRECIOUS LIGHT IS FADING

@[aero]

Messages In This Thread
    holding my breath in the dark; molech - by aero - 12-23-2020, 06:09 PM
    RE: holding my breath in the dark; molech - by Molech - 12-30-2020, 08:41 PM