• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any]
    I'm a little surprised, but I smile anyway at the mare's offer. In fact, I'd be more than happy to show her around. "Of course. Best know your way around those places - they're technically your home, too." I grin a bit, making a shrugging motion with my shoulder. "You can make yourself at home anywhere you want." I bet for her it may sound a little odd as she's now used to the trees, but if she can see the northern lands as part of a whole, maybe it's not as weird as it looks.

Just like me, I guess.

When she doesn't respond much at first to my statement of things turning around, I shake my head. "Just that our homes shape us as much as we shape it." I've been completely in tandem with the Isle for as long as it's existed, now; Borderline may feel safe because of the canopy while that same canopy would in part not even exist without it. But perhaps I'm too old for her, to be having this conversation. I snort a little, amused with myself. You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain - figuratively, I think I'm exactly what I always hated when I was so much younger.

Her words seem to show me exactly that she thinks the same, but on a different scope perhaps. I tilt my head with a little spark in it when I realize this. "Everyone's way of connecting is different. Yours - and mine as well - has been family, and a love for a certain element." Ah, my family. An interesting show on it's own. It'll never be what it was, we will never be, just because we're older and have different ways. Letting go was never my strong suit, but now I manage. By not thinking about it, I guess.

Melancholy never helped anyone move forward however. I shake my head at myself, include my crest and neck for good measure so as to realign my mane. There's something else I need to know about the people here. "Borderline, I was wondering - if there's a wish for this forest that you could see come true, what would it be?"

The future - in my case it's much more interesting than the past.
    there’s an ocean in between your heart and me

@[Borderline] whoops this is almost a month, sorry!!! we can add monsters if you want but we can continue it as pre-eclipse as well, whichever you prefer
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and the bravest of faces are the ones where we fake it [any] - by Leilan - 02-11-2021, 04:27 AM