• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  putting roots in my dreamland

She disagrees with his murmured statement but does not verbally argue the point. There’s something about her gentle smile that would say it enough, maybe, though she wishes she had the words to explain to Isakov how he dazzled her so easily. Perhaps then she could make him believe it too.

Avelina is nervous to share her shifting but it is also very easy to convince herself that Isakov is not the same as the last galaxy-decorated boy she had shown it to. Isakov would never hurt her. He was one of her first friends and there is a gentle love in her heart for him, for the way he had come into her quiet life and disrupted it in the best way.

She feels encouraged by his gentle touch and she would never risk hurting his feelings by refusing. So she swallows her fears and smiles brightly, doing her best not to let any of her fear show though her words are quiet “Of course.”

Avelina steps back, something of an apology in her gaze when she does - she doesn’t particularly want more distance between them but it seems prudent. She forgets why the shape of the black swan had been forefront in her mind and in a swift movement, she changes into one - her white-tipped wings spread wide before she folds them against her side. Her soft green eyes remain the same as ever, though, and they watch Isakov carefully now for his reaction as her nerves flutter through her.

“What do you think? I'm not sure it really suits me but... maybe a little more than the panther I sometimes use to climb trees.” She laughs a little, though it's a nervous sound.

So effectively soothed by her faith in her friend, she’s also forgotten that her scars are most obvious in this form. Where Skandar had bitten this slender neck is obvious - no longer covered by a mane as they form a gap in the black feathers.

avelina

@[isakov]

Messages In This Thread
    putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 12-13-2020, 11:05 AM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 12-17-2020, 07:48 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 12-29-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 12-30-2020, 05:54 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 01-06-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 01-31-2021, 04:10 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 02-11-2021, 05:31 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 02-15-2021, 03:44 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 02-16-2021, 08:51 PM