• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  putting roots in my dreamland

A little laugh escapes Avelina, but whether it’s nerves because of the bump on her shoulder or the idea of her having any adventures, she cannot say. Either way, the warm flush she experiences is pleasant. And she feels perfectly happy and relaxed in the company of one of her dearest friends.

“My adventures! Oh, I’m not brave enough for those. My life would make a very boring story to someone like you, I think.” And she does not say this with any sort of self-depreciation nor is there even a hint that this might bother her. It doesn’t. Avelina never had to make peace with the fact that she was destined for a quiet life because she never had qualms with that. But she was, at her roots, a quiet girl - and Isakov, beautiful as he is - crafted from the very stars and galaxies themselves - was surely destined for far greater things than she’d ever be.

Though, maybe, she wouldn’t mind having a little bit to say, just to be able to entertain Isakov with more than how she had discovered the fireflies would dance along with her singing.

She searches her mind for something even remotely interesting while her eyes continue to shine, and then finally she has it. “I’ve been practicing my shapeshifting, though! Getting pretty good at it... though the last time I showed it off I got into a bit of trouble.” Avelina can still feel the terror of having Skandar's teeth close around the delicate neck of the swan she had been displaying. A shadow falls across her smile just for a moment but she recovers quickly, soft green eyes bright once more.

avelina

@[isakov]

Messages In This Thread
    putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 12-13-2020, 11:05 AM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 12-17-2020, 07:48 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 12-29-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 12-30-2020, 05:54 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 01-06-2021, 06:37 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 01-31-2021, 04:10 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 02-11-2021, 05:31 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by isakov - 02-15-2021, 03:44 PM
    RE: putting roots in my dreamland - by Avelina - 02-16-2021, 08:51 PM