• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Sinking soul, there you are - TARGARYEN

The light that meets the dark

Oh. Oh.

Then he wasn’t bad at all, was he? Just prone to the whims of nature like they all were, doing his best to live a life unbothered until it became a point to fight or flee. Targaryen had chosen life over certain death which Cheri sees nothing wrong with; she would’ve done the same in that situation, obviously. Still, her small nose cuts across the short distance between their warm bodies, pressing itself to his shoulder as a way to support him. That’s all she knows - the support of loved ones, always a nose or a neck hug away from comfort and love. Targaryen might choose to divert his attentions, but Cheri will stand there and wait patiently all the same. The concept of just how much time had passed between her finding him on the river’s shore ‘til now was lost on her. It could’ve been minutes or it could’ve been hours since.

“Well, thank you.” Cheri murmured, pulling her mouth away from his sky-dappled skin. He was pensively studying the water and she was happily flicking her ears, bending a hind leg and swatting her flanks with the short strands of her vibrantly green tail. “It wasn’t a waste! Actually, I thought I was plain. My brother and sister are magical, and I always wanted to be like them.” Cheri giggled softly. “Now I guess we know that I am.”

Quickly, she looked back at the shape of his neck at ease, studied how he held himself and committed the lines of his face to her memory. “So thank you, friend.”

A friend. Her very first.

The quiet moment was broken though, scattered by the sound of Cheri’s name being called in a brusque, worried tone. The filly started at once, shying away from the elder stallion by a few steps and turning to look backwards where the dark forest blended into pure shadow. From the void her father appeared, hair glowing brightly and head up, horns pointed at the sky. He looked upset; Cheri lowered her head and ears, ashamed.

Cheri! He barked, making his way towards them. Embarrassed, the horse in question muttered, “That’s my Pappa - I gotta go.”
    She trotted slowly up the rise of the embankment, struggling to pull herself up the steep incline and through the weeds, and all the while her sire glared down at the water where Targaryen was left alone. He broke the spell and murmured something to his daughter, lowering his head to hear her reply which seemed to placate his sour mood. Yanhua would hear the full story later, but for now he was content to find his daughter unscathed and back at his side. The tall horse turned about, ready to guide his young steed back to their resting place, but at the last moment Cheri turned back to eye Targaryen with a wide smile.

“Goodbye friend!” She shouted, wagging her tail. “If you ever bump your head again just come to Taiga and I’ll fix you up!”

Not a moment later she was gone, and the world seemed just a little darker for it.

@[Targaryen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sinking soul, there you are - TARGARYEN - by Cheri - 01-15-2021, 01:26 PM