• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i will sing to you as if my chest is glass; any
    Her eyes are like black liquid pools, and he feels them drink him down when they at last fall on him. Round as sand dollars, he smirked slightly as they took him in. Had he surprised her? It certainly seemed that way, a fact that soothed his predator's heart.  

He hadn't been able to guess that she would make her way toward him, grey coat shimmering faintly in the daylight. He was reminded of stones in the shallows, glossy with water and sun. Beautiful in ways that were disguised when they left their homes in the sea. Perhaps she, like those stones, was at her best when wet. 

He let her come to him, still as a stone himself until she found herself close enough to touch. Until she did touch. The skin of his damp cheek warmed at her contact. It was not a unpleasant sensation, and he found himself curving his neck to return the gesture. Brushed the sleek curve of his mouth to the hollow beneath her ear and inhaled the clean, salty scent of her. 

"That depends," he hummed, voice musical even as the hunter's notes colored his words. "Are you a predator?" He paused, and the lips that had so softly run along her face now parted to reveal teeth meant for gripping, tearing. "Or are you prey?" His mouth closed firmly on the muscle at the top of her neck, teeth sinking through her thick mane until they stopped just shy of breaking skin. 

@[alleria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will sing to you as if my chest is glass; any - by Cormorant - 01-11-2021, 03:15 PM