• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i break chains all by myself; narcisus
    I'm telling these tears, "Go and fall away, fall away."
    May the last one burn into flames.

Lestrade liked to play it cautious most days; carefully avoiding any confrontations with those he considered to be dangerous creatures, which admittedly fit the bill for many of Beqanna’s residents. But he wasn’t afraid to put up a tough guy front to those who stubbornly persisted in invading his personal space. Perhaps he could be labelled as a con artist in this way. He didn’t possess any special abilities of his own – just a scathing sharp tongue and quick wit, but it was enough to allow him the ability to maneuver himself into a manageable enough position to intentionally throw others off and hopefully gain him the advantage in the situation. He didn’t start fights nor did he finish them per say, all he hoped to do was get out of them alive and relatively unscathed.

He played a long game – carefully considering his next move as if it were a game of chess.

The shrimp didn’t cease in his attitude nor his almost feral aggression, perhaps willfully ignoring all the nonverbal cues that Lestrade had blatantly displayed during his unwelcome approach. Go away! couldn’t have been announced any louder across the pathway to the other, but yet still the mint and violet stallion suffered this pipsqueak’s onslaught of minor insults.

It didn’t seem as if this boy was going to be leaving any time soon so Lestrade was going to have to stubbornly dig his heels in and weather whatever storm may come his way.

Despite the shrimp’s obviously bad attitude and murderous tendencies, he still seemed like a petulant child and Lestrade’s mouth almost twitches in amusement when the other hypocritically calls him out for not possessing any courtesy (ignoring the fact that he just took over another’s body without permission and then tried to drown her against her will. What a perfect gentleman!)

Lestrade gives the pipsqueak a saccharine smile, “Well Squeak, I guess we both have that in common. Besides common courtesy won’t help you survive in this world.

Pipsqueak takes an aggressive step forward in hopes of a reaction, but Lestrade stiffens, brings his head up higher, and eyes him warningly. He wasn’t about to turn tail and run, that would merely entice the monster boy into a chase and Lestrade would rather go throw himself into the river behind the boy than give anybody the satisfaction of chasing him down. Holding his ground gave him more of an advantage because the other wouldn’t know if he held secrets close to his chest or not. 

This was a game for the bold – who would be able to suss out the other first.

Narcisus persisted in his quest for gaining his name and Lestrade allowed him this small conquest but it was accompanied with a reluctant sigh.

I’m Lestrade.

Lestrade
    mint & violet son of lupei and azlyn.

@[Narcisus] this kid's insults are killing me tho ahahahaha

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i break chains all by myself; narcisus - by lestrade - 01-06-2021, 11:34 PM