• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

Children and their antics. I can’t help but laugh when Reynard tries to avoid being tagged it by going incorporeal while Memorie swerves in close to her siblings, as if daring Cheri to come after her instead. Cheri seems intent of tagging Reynard “it”, though, and manages to do so while his attention is turned. That should serve him right, because he had been playing unfair to begin with.

But there was other matters to attend to at hand. Matters that are very delicate indeed: deciding Yanhua’s fate with his baby mama’s. I laugh when she says that beating him up would be so much straight forward. That is definitely true, but I’ve never been much for violence, let alone perpetrating it myself. So I’d rather not beat him up. Still, the idea of it is entertaining in its own right. Simply musing about it wouldn’t do anyone any harm.

“Well, no one ever said anything about lying.” I give her a sly wink at this. “We are conspiring to make him sweat for not being straight forward with us. And if I know anything about boys, it’s that they get uncomfortable at even the slightest hint that us girls are conspiring against them.” I grin, a mischievous gesture that lights up my previously uncertain features.

This was fun, I have to admit. I hadn’t had a lot of that over the past few months. Actually, come to think of it, I hadn’t had a lot of that in my life up until this point. Nor have I ever had someone to conspire with. It’s different, but it certainly makes me feel things that I never would have thought I’d feel. I had come from a place where no one liked me much. I came to a place where all I’d known was the soft touch of Yanhua’s love before that was shattered. I left to a place where all I had was my child to keep me company. And now I’d returned to find that life here could have more than just confusion, heartache, and uncertainty.

When @[Amarine] mentions that we could get along better together than we do with him, I have to smile. Now, that was certainly a plan that I could get behind. “We should definitely start there.” There was no denying it now, we were friends. How could we not be? We certainly had enough in common, even if that consisted of children who were intent on enjoying each other’s company and a stallion who had kept us a secret from one another.

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline - by Borderline - 01-07-2021, 02:19 PM