• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

I had never before had a friend, but I could see this relationship turning into the wispy remnants of something like it. There was a sort of bond we shared in watching our children play. The mood was certainly infectious, leeching into a tough situation, turning it into something a little easier to swallow; a little easier to digest.

Though a large part of me is still afraid and still hurt, I am starting to feel a little bit of hope, like there was finally light in the darkness. @[Amarine] seems to sense this. She lights up like a beacon signaling home, and I can’t help but smile–the first real smile (that wasn’t for Memorie) since I had left Taiga. When she speaks, her words are like salve on a wound. Though a part of me aches, as well, because I was starting to see what Yanhua loved so much about her. Still, she bids I look, and my blue eyes follow her gesture to look upon the children.

I smile more deeply, feeling a warmth in the cold, barren wasteland that had been my heart for the past few months. She is absolutely right, I think to myself as I watch Memorie being caught by her half-sister and groaning dramatically before squealing in delight as she launches off her hindquarters towards her half-brother.

Unbeknownst to either of us, my thoughts draw back to similar experiences as Amarine’s, except that my mother hadn’t abandoned me, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t wish she had. But the only family I had ever considered to be my family before now was also a family that I had found–and continue to find, I remind myself as I watch Memorie dive after Reynard only to find herself tumbling over in a flurry of dirt and laughter. My heart flutters for a second before the filly bounds back up and gives chase once more. And then my heart beats for Reynard and Cheri, the siblings who were a blessing in disguise. I find a budding love for them in my heart.

With hearts lighter than before, Amarine turns to me with a little bit of a rebellious grin, and what comes next brings a mischievous grin to my face. “Oh, ho, ho, business, indeed.” I laugh, a very throaty and conniving laugh. “Oh, but there’s just so many options. There’s the obvious, we can beat him up, but that’s no fun. That’s what boys do. You know what would be way more fun? Make him sweat. We make it obvious that we are conspiring against him. That’s enough to drive him crazy.”

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline - by Borderline - 12-09-2020, 11:11 PM