• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline

Tornados from a butterfly's wing

When she appears, it's like a ghost from the mists. She is blue and grey, a softer variation of my own palette. I smile gently at her greeting. The muted yellows and greys have given way to Bitterness, bile-green and laced with Uncertainty. It's a lot of negativity, and I can tell I'm not purely welcome here. She will hear me out though, so I try to keep an open mind as well. 

There is a little one. Of course there is. She is strikingly like Yan, except for the brilliant blue fluff of her tail which is all her mother. She cannot be any older than the butterfly mare's own pair, but her boldness is pleasant to see. Ama bobbed her head in return, smiling vaguely at mother and daughter. It was strange to see features shared between her children and this one, it gave her pause. 

She recovered quickly though, and the twins nosed forward to investigate the strange meeting. 

"Hello," she directed to them both. 

"Hiya!"

"Hey," 

The twins added their own greetings, far more interested in their age-mate than in the adults and their stiff conversation. Ama grinned awkwardly, brushing her own muzzle against Cheri's white blotches rump while she gathered her own thoughts. 

"It's nice to meet you, miss Memorie. And you, Borderline. It's far past due." She shrugged, apologizing for something she'd had very little control over. "This is Cheri," she gestured at the black and blue girl who was edging closer to her half-sister. "And that one is Reynard." The colt in question bucked lightly, eternally floppy ears bouncing in his excitement. 

She let herself watch them for a moment, children joyful in their innocence. If they chose to wander a little ways off, she wouldn't stop them. It would make the conversation easier to have without little ears listening in. 

Humming an awkward note, she brought herself back to the matter at hand. "Well. This is weird." She chuckled, nose wrinkled. "We've been thrown into a situation that neither of us had all the information on. I'm sorry for that. But I don't think it has to be all bad." She paused, wings fluttering absently. It was difficult, but she was doing her best to keep her own emotions from infiltrating the area. To stay neutral. 

She met Borderline's eyes with her own polished stone orbs. Pupiless and eerie, she usually made a point of avoiding eye contact with horses she didn't know. It made them uneasy. For a brief moment though, she let their gazes join. 

"I think there are three options here. One, stay bitter and angry and let it consume you until there's nothing left. Join the vengeful spirits. Haunt the living. You would be well within you rights. Two, move out and move on. Start over and make a new life for yourself and pretend this never happened." She hesitated, mouth twisted mirthlessly. With a sigh, she continued. "Three... We can make the best of this. We can make a family out of this, and maybe even become friends, if you want. We already have a baby daddy in common. I'll bet we have more." She laughed, but cut it off quickly. Maybe this wasn't the time for gallows humor. "Anyway. What do you say?" She asked, unable to keep a bubble of hope from growing in her chest.

...Amarine

@[Borderline]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She was yellow and grey, the colors of the day // Borderline - by Amarine - 12-08-2020, 08:00 PM