• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua]

And when all the lights are broken, You keep the fire going

They had forever and a day to share stories with one another, Yanhua and Memorie. Forever and a day to reminisce, but for now her father simply soaks up this moment - unwilling to let it become the memory it certainly will be, someday. He doesn’t mind the way she shoots off into the meadow, leaving him to chew plaintively on a clump of sweet grass. Let her be a child now, so she has room to grow as long as she likes. Her reveries remind him of what brought her to be in the first place, and not for the last time Yanhua longingly wonders how Borderline is doing.

He knows that the discord between them can be mended, given time and patience, but it causes his heart to ache, thinking that Memorie might be alone in her lineage. His daughter is certainly one-of-a-kind, but he thinks it would be nice to give her responsibility in the way of a full sibling or two.

Eh, the stallion waved away the thought as Mem returned, mind yourself Yan.

And so he tried to be studious instead, guiding her towards an echo that did exactly as he hoped it would. It gave Memorie something else to think about, but it also gave her reason to stray from the purpose of the exercise just as quickly. Her hundred rapid-fire questions over his boyhood with Nashua pulled a smile over Yan’s face, and he flicked an ear to try and hold back the laughter bubbling up to the surface.

“Nevermind.” Yan forgave his daughter easily, knowing that she would be welcome to come and study with her half-siblings later on. There was time for learning and time for engaging her natural curiosity over his past, and the latter of the two was what she wanted so that was what Yanhua would indulge her with. “I’ll tell you what you want to know instead. You can visit and practice with Reynard and Cheri later - your half brother and sister.”” He informed Memorie.

“I did lots of things when I was growing up here as a boy,” Yanhua regaled her, starting with her last question, “My twin brother - your Uncle Nashua - led me on all sorts of adventures. We even went to Tephra together, once!” He told Mem with a wild look in his eye, turning his head to the west where the fabled kingdom was. “For a long time it was just him and I, no other foals. But we always made time for each other.” Yan sighed happily. “Here, have this.” Yan told his daughter, tucking his own nose to his chin as he broadcast a newer memory for her to tuck away.

This one was Nashua grown, flaring his handsome wings and trotting toward Yanhua with a devil-may-care smile. Now, if he came to visit, Memorie would know exactly who he was.

“‘Little lady, you have plenty of aunts, uncles, and siblings to keep you company these days. Your grandma Lilli and I made sure of that.” Yanhua chuckled. He paused, though. Borderline might not like him making light of such a thing, even if Yan was more than happy to have such a large family here in Taiga again. “But if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, or if you have a million questions with no answers, you can always come to me. Your father. I will always be here to guide you and support you, @[Memorie].” Yan promised her, reaching down to nudge the crown of her head.

And when all the nights feel like they're closing, You're leaving an opening

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua] - by Yanhua - 01-07-2021, 04:35 PM