• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua]

And when all the lights are broken, You keep the fire going

Something about blood, about balance and the world around them as it centered upon magic, something about the yin and yang of life has Yanhua reeling from his emotions to hers and back again. In an instant, Memorie reflects her father and her father reflects Memorie: they are mirrors of one another, infinitae virtutis.

In the next second, it’s gone. A gust of air leaves Yan’s lungs: a breath he’d been holding in that he hadn’t been aware of, whoosing out like a sigh that makes the sound of a glass windchime. He smiled at Memorie’s confusion and suddenly knew what her mother had suspected all along, that they shared gifts one in the same like he shared with his mother, Lilliana. All at once his world shifts again, because he has two foals who’ll need his help in the days to come and a third who has yet to understand what she’s meant for in the world. For once he’s infinitely grateful to have been the one nearby when Memorie needed him, and he promises himself he’ll continue to be that horse regardless of circumstances between himself and Borderline.

She gave him and his outstretched nose a moment’s worth of consideration and then, gathering her wits and strength about her, @[Memorie] reached out to touch and complete the cycle of familial love with Yanhua. They bonded, and her sire wiggled his lips so as to tickle her own with the fuzziness of his bearded chin.

“Well then, here I am. And a good thing, too!” Yan smiled down at her when they parted once again, flicking his golden tail side-to-side as he struck out to walk along the bare path leading to nowhere. Perhaps, he thought, Memorie would like a little open air. He would show her a special place - the meadow where he and Borderline had first met, most likely blooming and full of tasty things to eat this time of year. His steps were sure and steadfast; he led the way without watching where they were going.

“Tell me, little love: have you noticed things about your mother or other horses? Things about them they didn’t necessarily tell you out loud?” Yan questioned his daughter lightly, wanting her to puzzle and ponder for a minute or two before he gave the secret away. Grinning, he decided to give her another hint. “Things like knowing when another is sad, or happy?” Yan prodded his daughter.

And when all the nights feel like they're closing, You're leaving an opening

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Deep in the darkness lies my beating heart [Yanhua] - by Yanhua - 12-14-2020, 09:08 PM