• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I bid my soul through the flames before me; mesec

The wonders of Beqanna fascinate Mesec and he’s been enjoying the small ways this place is different than anywhere else he has been. He had known only a small handful of shapeshifters in his life, and his own experience with that ability is clouded with guilt and pain. On this warm summer morning, those memories seem far away. They belong to another lifetime.

So he watches the tiger approach with obvious curiosity and interest, pausing in his wandering and if he thinks it strange she approaches him - it is only because he does not think himself very worthy of being approached by anyone at any given time.

As she comes over, he is not sure why he is so sure that this is a shapeshifter and not a feral tiger that he should fear - some odd combination of naivety and experience, perhaps. And then the fact that she asks a question as she stops in front of him seems to cement the idea in his mind (though he wonders, in the back of his mind, if perhaps other animals in Beqanna could speak and he had never noticed…).

It is a simple but wonderful joy to be able to say he has a home again.

His silver eyes warm with a smile and his answering tone is friendly and open. “I do indeed! My name’s Mesec. Can I help you with anything?”

Mesec
    Image Credits

@[breach]
    [Image: fgwv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I bid my soul through the flames before me; mesec - by Mesec - 12-02-2020, 04:50 PM