• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Would she?

Eyas could end him, she thinks. If she weren’t so ragged and worn down from the years, and if she wasn’t so depressed. Maybe she could. But would she?

No. Not Tiercel, even if she’d hated him as a young filly. Never her brother and never her kin. Even Lepis had begged her to do what was necessary that day in Loess and Eyas had turned her own mother down, realizing that the sacrifices she’d already made would come back to haunt her tenfold. She would’ve taken her own life before summoning Carnage to restore Wolfbane’s.

But for a moment she does feel powerfully enrichened. She tasted that sweet feeling of control and enjoyed the way it simmered under her buckskin pelt, like cold ice that numbs the skin. She would be a liar if she claimed it was solely a reaction to Tiercel’s aggression, though he’d initiated her decision to possess him and encouraged her wrath by implanting those horrible feelings inside her to begin with. Still, Eyas felt the acrid sting of rejection at Erne’s talons so close to her face, and she blinked at Gale in silent pain.

She - who had accepted and loved him always - she creeped him out?

Her bondage over Tiercel’s limbs evaporated entirely, and the black pools of dark color in her eyes receded. “You could’ve done it yourself if you tried.” Eyas croaked when her triplet asked. She was empty again, though the trembling signs of her brother’s worry brushed against her consciousness. It was good that he was concerned. He should be.

She didn’t care for their little reunion anymore. She didn’t care about Tiercel’s travels back to Loess, or his conversation with Oceane. She didn’t care. Whatever ‘this’ might’ve been was already ruined and she wanted no further part in it. “If you ever come looking for me again,” The scrawny mare muttered at Tiercel, turning her back on the two stallions, “I’ll make you regret it.” She warned. The scars of a dragon’s claw that raked ugly, pink marks over her neck proved as such.

Gale received nothing from his sister. She was too wounded for words and too tired to argue with him. Eyas closed her eyes with a gentle sigh and lowered her head, leaving them to watch her form grow smaller and smaller until it disappeared once more into the warm embrace of Islandre’s dark jungle.

Grey clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above

@[Tiercel] @[Gale]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i will not speak of your sin; eyas & gale - by Eyas - 01-06-2021, 04:07 PM