• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you know i'm never alone
    GRIMJAW
    He watches her come closer, and she seems normal enough that he exhales a breath he hadn’t meant to hold in. It’s strange, how tense he’s become since he plunged into the river here. Trouble used to come his way on a regular basis and yet it had never bothered him at all. Chaos was easy enough to take in stride no matter how turbulent his life became. But now? Now he bristles and tenses any time someone comes near, as though a new curse is just waiting to ensnare him.

Her voice is strange in a way he cannot define. Maybe he hasn’t been around enough women in his life to really know what they could sound like, though. His bright red eyes watch her, unabashed in the way they find hers and do not stray politely elsewhere.

Grimjaw gives no indication that he’s heard her name once she shares it. Instead, he takes a few steps closer to see her better in the dim moonlight. “Wishbone. I am Grimjaw,” he finally says, breaking the silence that had just begun to settle in between them. “Is it common to wander alone in the dark, here?” He does not elaborate on the question. Growing up, he had always been taught to be very still at night. All sorts of strange things came creeping from their burrows to snatch little children away.

He blinks to dismiss the memory from his mind. There will be time to dwell when he finds a place to rest his head a while. For now, he would prefer to distract himself, and Wishbone seems like an ideal candidate to keep his mind busy with more pleasant thoughts.
    @[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    you know i'm never alone - by grimjaw - 11-30-2020, 09:52 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by Wishbone - 12-01-2020, 05:17 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by grimjaw - 12-08-2020, 09:35 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by Wishbone - 12-11-2020, 12:31 AM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by grimjaw - 12-17-2020, 11:40 PM
    RE: you know i'm never alone - by Wishbone - 12-20-2020, 04:41 PM