• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i dont even want you back anymore | xi
    There are no forests like this at the Roof of the World, and the farther I tread into the shadowy place, the fonder I grow of open spaces.

Too many things could lurk behind these trees, beyond those shadows. My early encounter with the eerie figure had left a sour taste in my mouth, and paired with the tales of ghosts and ghouls I had heard during my first venture to the Field, I have grown wary.

Leaving Beqanna has crossed my mind more than once, and yet…

I have heard too many tales of this place to abandon my adventure so quickly. Surely there is a place here for me, where I might find some semblance of the home the Empire had taken from me.

That certainty is what has sent me into the forest. Traveling through it is the only way to reach the more populous lands, these kingdoms and territories that the residents have divided themselves into. I have gathered only rough descriptions of these places, not nearly enough to narrow down my options. So I will see them for myself, and my sore wing makes it so that I must travel on hoof.

Those brown and white wings are pulled tight to my tawny sides as I make my way along a well-trod path. I recall from earlier flights that it does not lead to the heart of the forest, but rather along the edges of it, and for that I am grateful. There is a chill emanating from there, as though winter has not yet given up its grip on the heart of the woods. I shake my head, my long ears flicking as the thin wisp of my tail lashes nervously at my pale flanks, and continue onward.

@[Xi]