• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  In the light of the moon; [Leilan]
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

She is tired by the time that she leaves Pangea turned the Chamber turned back once more. The kind of tired that settles into her bones and reminds her that she is merely a mortal. No matter the expectations that she puts on herself. The expectations that she carry the very weight of the world. But she’s just a young girl and she has the entire East to look after, not just Hyaline and the pack that roams it.

Still, despite this exhaustion, she is still vigilant as she crosses the border as a hawk, sluicing through the night air silently, the cool air reinvigorating the parts of her that would rather slumber.

The flash of something softly glowing in the mountains awakens her even more.

Her avian eyes sharpen as she watches it the faint glow before she alters course to cut across the night sky and make her way toward them. When she is close enough, she sees the trio all together and something tightens in her chest. Something like a pent up aggression that has increasingly scratched at the door, something that howls every morning when she raises her head and snarls when she patrols the border.

She lands on a tree nearby, fluffing her feathers slightly and shuffling as she watches, listening to the stallion recant what had happened. She had thought perhaps she had seen him retreating when she had come to Pangea, but it was interesting to see his version of the story.

Unclear as to why the group was choosing her home to rendezvous and too on edge to sit and listen to find out further, she swoops down, shifting into the latest version of her as she lands.

Breach walks forward as herself, shaking out the leaves from her tangled, ivory mane. For all appearances, she’s a fairly lithe, young girl, but there’s a hardness to her face that had continued to develop over the years. Something forged in trial and fire and the gravity of her life.

“Can I help you all?” she addresses the question to them all, not caring who answered.

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

Messages In This Thread
    In the light of the moon; [Leilan] - by Yanhua - 11-22-2020, 07:07 PM
    RE: In the light of the moon; [Leilan] - by breach - 11-29-2020, 04:41 PM