• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm always in this twilight, varick
    She doesn’t like the way her body flinches when Varick finally reveals himself. Still, her head turns to him with those pointed teeth bared and ready to strike out at his face. At least this time she manages to uncurl her lip and turn her attention back to the newborn twins blinking into the fresh new world around them. Sabbath had always cursed magic, but she can’t deny the splendid mystery of how her heart swells without bursting when she sees her children’s faces for the first time.

Katarine curiously bares her gums in an effort to mimic her mother’s fearsome expression just moments before. On her, however, it is clumsy and awkward. “You are a great and fearsome thing, little one,” she whispers into a laugh as she kisses the girl’s nose. Pleased enough with the flattery, she begins trying to stumble up onto her trembling purple legs. The girl stumbles but seems to draw encouragement when her father breathes over her frosted skin, finally standing on her own.

Sabbath’s gaze follows Varick’s to the colt’s tail - a curious thing, but the serpentine nature of it leaves her staring for longer than she means to. None of her other children had carried her curse, she thought, and she worries for him now. She can’t help but think of Gospel, of herself. But Varick says they’re perfect and it would be a lie to say she disagrees. The corners of her lips turn upward and she doesn’t snarl when he touches her neck.

I fall so in love with each one,” she says, and then she deigns to lean against him, her body exhausted from its labors. Katarine observes, wide-eyed, and tucks herself against her brother before searching her parents’ faces for further approval.

I do. Do you think Crowns will be jealous that he isn’t the baby anymore?” she asks with a grin. Their older son had only shrugged and dismissed her when she asked how he felt. He remains ever secretive toward her, playing his cards close to his chest. Sabbath supposes he will reveal his emotions in due time, though.
    may my enemies live long                                  so they can see me prosper.
    sabbath
    @[Varick]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm always in this twilight, varick - by Sabbath - 11-15-2020, 07:40 PM
    RE: i'm always in this twilight, varick - by Sabbath - 11-17-2020, 08:17 PM