• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't let your wonder turn into closure

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

As Nashua moves in closer, I can see the resemblance even more. Him and his brother have very similar facial structures and their fur is almost the same hue. I smile softly at him, almost nervous to be meeting the brother that Yanhua had told me so much about. I laugh as he says that he doesn’t know my name and suggests that I could remedy that. As we turn to walk together down the trail, I bob my head and speak up. “I am Borderline. It is a pleasure to meet you, Nashua. Yanhua has told me many things about you!”

I smile reminiscently when he mentions that Yanhua and Lilliana could be a little hard to locate at times. I could definitely attest to that. I hadn’t seen Lilliana since she had invited me back to her home, and Yanhua was always disappearing, which was a little disconcerting to me. “You’re telling me!” I joke. “Right now, I’m not sure where either of them are, but I’m sure we can find one or the other. I’ll accompany you while you look for them.”

As we walk, the stallion makes small talk. “I am new here. Well, kind of. I’ve been here probably a year now, but I guess that’s new, considering you and Yanhua were both born and raised here.” I laugh, a soft sound against the crisp spring air.

Just then, the sound of hooves breaks my concentration, and I look up just in time to see Yanhua appear from between the trees. A thrill runs through me, the same thrill that runs through me every time I see my mate. I smile broadly for him as he comes closer to places a kiss on my cheek. I lean into the kiss ever so slightly and give him a soft nuzzle in return. “You are the pleasant surprise, m’love,” I whisper. I shift away from Nashua so that we are all standing kind of facing one another. “Why so afraid, m’love? Worried I’ll charm your wayward brother as I charmed you?”

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

@[Nashua]
    @[Yanhua]

OOC – I’m so sorry this is so late. I’ve been having a really rough time lately with life. And sorry it’s so short. Struggling with muse, too.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let your wonder turn into closure - by Borderline - 11-25-2020, 07:55 PM