• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't let your wonder turn into closure

stars when you shine, you know how i feel
    oh freedom is mine

He sees the gleaming white of her hide through the trees and for a brief instant, Nashua had thought it was Noel. Something leaped in his chest as he turned towards the pale form approaching him and the chestnut pegasus (albeit with invisibility-cloaked wings) approached the other horse eagerly. No wings are adorning the sides of the mare who emerges through the shadows of the Redwoods. Nash catches his disappointment in time before it reflects on his handsome face and smiles at the Taigan that comes forward.

Nashua doesn't miss the slight swell of her stomach and it brightens something in him. He may not reside in Taiga anymore but it would always be his home. The knowledge that the Redwoods would have another generation of foals laughing beneath these giants gladdened him. His own child could have a playmate, he realizes. It reflects in the smile that he offers the white mare - a milder one of the version that he normally wears - as the chestnut stallion dips his head in greeting towards her.

"You caught me," he teases back in reply. Nashua closes the space between them, curious as to why she would know his name but he wouldn't know hers. Unless, he muses, this is the mare that Lilliana had brought back from the Field and the one that Yanhua had mentioned during their last meeting. "Unfortunately I don't know your name." His flaxen tail whipped between his golden-striped hind legs. (He has a growing inclination but he'll wait to hear it from her first.) Nash directs his head back towards the trail that he had been traveling down, "perhaps you could remedy that while we walk?"

The pegasus takes a few steps before looking back to Borderline, "I'm was hoping to find Lilliana or my brother, Yanhua." Nashua explains, "both can be a little... difficult to locate at times." The smile on the chestnut stallion broadens at that. How many times had Yan said something smart and then used his intangibility to avoid Nash's 'brotherly' retaliation? It's one of the many memories he has of growing up in Taiga; one of the happier ones to outweigh the troubled ones that he keeps stored away.

Lilliana just had a habit of avoiding the world when she didn't want to be found. 

"Forgive me for being presumptuous, but your new to this forest?" He asks as a born-and-bred Northerner. Even if this isn't @[Borderline], the North was a small population. They were a group wary of outsiders after the usurping of Aten, the reign of terror that Wolfbane had wrought, and the Pangean attack. The lovely face of his companion is new for the Hersir. It doesn't hurt to know what brings a soul to the Northern forest and it certainly won't hurt his responsibilities to the Freyr to know about those who dwell in the kingdom of the Dragon King.

NASHUA

html by castlegraphics; art by MirrorLands
    [Image: jCdBK6.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let your wonder turn into closure - by Nashua - 11-06-2020, 04:51 PM