• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't let your wonder turn into closure

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

Though winter had come and my belly was growing, I still found myself finding the old, familiar path back to the area of Taiga that had been burned during the Pangean attack. The little seedlings had turned into saplings slightly taller than myself in many of the areas, and much of that growth had happened recently, thanks to my newfound gift. With practice, I had gotten better and better at regrowing the forest that I now called home, that Yanhua had helped me to understand and love.

As I weave my way through the trees, I prance happily, my hooves lifting easily over the frozen ground. There was an elegance to my movements, almost like I was dancing, as each hoof comes off the ground and flicks up. From the outside, anyone could tell that I am happy, happier than I have been for, well, probably my whole life! I felt whole in Taiga, like I was finally at home, and that home was wonderful and warm and close.

For a moment, I stop to ponder on that happiness, my blue eyes taking in all that surrounds me. The huge, snow tinged trees that surround me seem to close in around me, creating a cozy kind of feeling within me. I take in a deep breath, smelling the familiar, woody scent of the forest. It all felt so good. I close my eyes for a moment, just reveling in this feeling.

The sound of another body moving through the forest along the path that I am on causes me to snap my eyes open. Could it be Yanhua? A thrill of excitement runs through me as I look around toward the sound, but it is not Yanhua. There was a slight disappointment within me, but still, I smile softly at this unfamiliar figure. He was handsome (though not handsome enough for my thoughts to stray away from Yanhua), and what I take the most notice of are the okapi stripes that seem to glow brightly in the dull forest scenery. It reminds me slightly of Yanhua. Come to think of it, he also had the same coloring as Yanhua, and other familiar trademarks that belong to Yanhua.

My eyes brighten, and my smile broadens. This was probably Yanhua’s twin brother than he’s told me about! “Hello!” I say, my voice reflecting the cheery nature that the rest of me expresses. “Are you Nashua?” I ask the question without even thinking about it, then immediately regret it. What if this wasn’t Nashua and I just made an absolute fool out of myself? No matter, what’s been said cannot be unsaid, so I stand as confidently as I can, just waiting for a response.

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

@[Nashua]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let your wonder turn into closure - by Borderline - 11-05-2020, 10:26 PM