• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fashion me into a demon; Anyone!

He had never been any good at managing to fit into places, travelling from land to land trying to find some sort of purpose within them. He had been a participant of many great lands and their eventual fall, a warrior in unimaginable wars, ones he could have probably even prevented. He had shaped landscapes on the Icicle Isle to shelter those within, shaped prisons out of thin air for Loess, he had even led the Forest Frontiers for some time before going into a deep sleep.
    Great theatrics had played a key part in his life, though when his blind son Tlali was born, it all seemed to change. He had found someone to hold on to and guide until they were ready to handle Beqanna on their own.

For a while, Aziz had held on to Tlali, creating shelters for him, teaching him how to use his echolocation to move around the world. But when Tlali departed from his side, he felt the same feeling as he had before, not quite sure of what it even was.
    Now he has chosen a comfortable location at the meadow where he has crafted a small earthen shelter that reaches just above his head when he stands. It is supported by two trees at the back and two large rock pillars at the front. A small chimney fashioned from hardened mud reaches above the roof and also below the ground where it tunnels through to the nearest source of lava it can find; allowing hot steam to rise through the tunnel and into the small shelter, warming the surrounding area.

The meadow was most likely the ideal place to relax and allow new opportunity to come to him. This was the place in which he was asked to build prisons or fashion shelters, so perhaps it would lead him to new opportunities and a new place to call home.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

[Image: N3F7IUd.png]
    is this the end of everything?
    STRAIA
    or is it just a new way to bleed?
    She had only ever belonged in one place, and with it gone, she feels...untethered. Her life belonged to the Chamber and she had given it freely for the land she’d cared so much about. Yet those very actions had helped to usher in the reckoning, the destruction of Beqanna as it once was. Much has changed since Beqanna’s rebirth, but this land feels like a shell of what it once was. Yet still, she was here, feeling a bit like a living ghost though you would never know from looking at her.

Straia still looks like the queen she was born to be. Her mane is long and wild, her head high, and she moves with a purpose that cannot be ignored. It is as if she owns every inch of land she touches, and in some small way maybe she does. It is the magic of the land that courses in her veins now. Her heart beats to the same rhythm as the heartbeat of the mountain. She can sense this world in ways previously unimaginable, and yet at the same time she is still very much herself, the mare with far less grand magic but with vastly grand plans.

Some things do not change.

Today she makes her way to the meadow, and it doesn’t take long for her to spot something that looks a bit like a house. Not that Straia has a concept of houses, but she does have a concept of very elaborate shelters, which is definitely what this place is. There’s a large black raven perched on her back, its beady eyes trained on the eathen abode. It is easy enough to see inside of it, at least, and she sticks her head in without much concern for the fact it doesn’t actually belong there.

”Hello,” she says to the stallion inside, her voice smoky and cool. ”Forgive the intrusion, but I find myself rather curious about the creature that has made such a structure.” 

@[Aziz]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

The stallion expells a low grumble as mud and rock begin to slowly peel away from the structure, falling carelessly onto the ground. He hadn't put much care into the structure at all. He didn't expect to be here for too long, usually, he'd witness horses getting picked up and rehomed within days, sometimes hours. Rarely would they wander around aimlessly for weeks without end.

A large puff of smoke billows upwards from the small chimney hole, riding upwards and out of the shelter as well as through small holes that directed heat inside the earthen shelter. Aziz coughs at the repulsive taste of embers and brimstone, his mind suddenly cast back to the sore memory of dragons in contention over the Tephran airspace.
    It wasn't a pleasant memory, but it was the one he remembered the most.  Back then he had chosen not to take sides, even though he probably should have; instead, he built shelters for those that were no longer able to fight or those who were simply caught in the fray. Only toward the end did he attempt an attack, casting waves of earth toward Castile, though it wasn't particularly successful.

The male's eyes dance toward the entrance of the cave as the light shifts gently to make space for an approaching figure. He hadn't been paying much attention to what had been going on around him, he hadn't even noticed the simple sound of hooves beating against the grass as they approach the shelter.

Aziz straightens up and greets the familiar-looking mare that now stands at the entrance to his abode. By the way that she presented herself, Aziz had to assume that perhaps she was some sort of leader or an envoy of one of the lands, which was intriguing enough on its own to warrant a reply.
    "No worries at all" His tone remains rather dissonant and dry as he replies, his expression slowly revealing a smile.

"Well, I am glad that you are intrigued. I rather enjoy buildings things" He says vaguely, glancing around the small shelter for a moment, wondering what caused the first instance of interest.

"My name is Aziz. Might I ask for your name?" He inquires, dipping his head gently in greeting for a fleeting moment.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Straia]

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

She could be the leader of nothing, and still she would act as if she ruled the entirety of Beqanna. Respect was earned by acting as if you deserved it more often than not, and so she acted like it. And though she ruled little more right now than a territory of a quiet kingdom, that would likely change. Though in reality, she did not care about titles, but only what such titles could help her achieve. She needed to lead in order to make the sort of changes she wanted to make.

The stallion inside greets her pleasantly enough, and she smiles slightly. ”The world needs more horses like you, then. Those interested in building rather than simply destroying.” She was a bit of both, interesting in tearing down what did not serve them and to rebuild everything anew, to make it better and stronger than it ever was before. Most only remembered the things she burned, though.

”Straia,” she replies, her voice cool and smoky, though friendly. His name seems vaguely familiar, though she cannot place him if she ever knew him. Perhaps she only heard his name in passing. ”I believe, if you enjoy building, that we might have some things in common. It seems to be that Beqanna ought to be made into something...better.”

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Aziz]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

So far, the stallion was en route to achieving exactly what he had wanted. And, if everything did indeed go according to his goals, he would plant himself within a territory and slowly make a name for himself again, or at least hope to do something similar.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Straia. Though while more 'do-gooders' are a necessity, too many perfect horses would cause just as much chaos" He smiles briefly, taking one last glance at the earthen dome, watching as the small hole that leads to the chimney slowly collapses, sealing off the warm steam.
    His pelt shivers gently as the temperature begins to change, disliking the sea of cold air that rushes into his quiet home.

"I agree" His voice is quick and sharp "This place is always eager to change. If I could, I would seal it inside an earthen dome and slowly fill it with water- though that may be a little theatrical and exhausting" He grins for a fleeting moment, now exiting the small dome.
    On command, the structure behind him crumbles and collapses, creating a thin layer of dust that travels on the ground from the light impact.

"If you'd take me, I'd be more than happy to accompany you back to your land," He says quietly, looking at the expanse of rolling green hills before taking a moment of concentration to 'summon' two large surfaces of stone, watching as the stone pads now levitate before the two horses, ready for use.

Aziz

—lost and forgotten—

@[Straia]