• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no, really, i ain't even mad anymore [field]
    Kukka

I’m but a yearling, but I am relatively wise for my age. Naivety only gets lost with encounters like these, however, in the moment naivety is my sole response to the joke (of which frankly, the joking part went completely over my head). Shocked and wide eyed, wide-splayed even, I blurt out my surprise. Sacrifices? How can you think that?!” How can anyone! It never even was a rumour that I know of? Did someone say it as a joke? Oh. Maybe he thinks it is funny to tell a new person that some lands have sacrifices? The more I think about it, the more I dislike him and his idea of humour. Of course, the diplomatic response would have been to laugh about it and ask if he made any trips to the volcano lately for his own conjuring, but that is something I only think of when it’s too late. I only hope my genuine shock is not interpret wrongly, but I do catch the mare’s eyes and something tells me this is not good.

My first trip to the Field is a disaster, with this self-absorbed punk deciding to play a prank on me. I’m never going to be a good diplomat, I think, and my ears sag with a feeling of desperation coming over me. I only lift my head with a friendly smile for the donkey mare when she asks her question, and nod. ”Yes, it is! Welcome, I should say. Where are you from?” I’m curious, and rather desperately interested in the other lands that apparently can be found if one looks hard enough; not in the least because the topic of disgracing my homeland by calling it a satanic, people-sacrificing place, is not a topic I want to continue talking about.

Here I was thinking this would be a nice, civil conversation, informing another about their choices and inviting them to visit - now, it seems none of that is ever going to happen, and it takes much of my self restraint not to cry and run away from this evil madman and his stupid stories. But that wouldn’t make me a very good diplomat, would it? So I stay, disappointed in this nameless pegasus and in the world, and hope against all odds that at least some of the beginning conversation with Xii might be salvaged.

the sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers

image credit

@[Tarian]

Messages In This Thread
    reply to kukka and tarian 1 - by xii - 10-31-2020, 08:00 AM
    RE: no, really, i ain't even mad anymore [field] - by Kukka - 10-31-2020, 02:15 PM
    reply to kukka, tarian, and popinjay #2 - by xii - 11-06-2020, 07:37 AM