• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip
    He grunted non-commitally as the verdant girl emerged from the undergrowth. It was no wonder he'd missed her, when she looked designed to merge with the overgrown landscape. The corners of his mouth turned downward. He'd gone wrong in more ways than one, if her expression was anything to go by. 

Shaking bits of briar from his mane, the roaned stallion shrugged. "I'll be alright. Stars know my sister has given me worse." Which was perfectly true. Little blackberry thorns stung, but they were nothing to being swatted by a sabertooth. His flank quivered under the intensity of her gaze, making his own eyes drop to where she looked. 

He'd made a mess of himself, alright. Twigs and stray leaves were intermingled with tufts of loosened hair and streaks of red blood. All in all, a disaster. His tongue clicked against the roof of his mouth ruefully. "I don't think many stuck. It looks worse than it is, I promise." He tried for reassurance, smiling haphazardly at the pale forest girl. "D'you live here? I didn't mean to barge through, that briar didn't look near as thick from the other side." He nodded back at the offending patch. He shook again, dislodging a few more twigs. 

This was so far not at all how he'd been hoping the day would go, but it could always be worse. He'd run into a this pretty little flower, after all. Even if it did seem possible that he'd barreled through her home in the process. Already the blood was drying to a crust on his coat, the scratches soon to be forgotten once a new adventure caught him up. That was life for him. One experience after another, every day different from the last, but linked because they were all his own. 

The world could take away your home, your family, your life. It could take away just about anything. Not his curiosity, though. Not his joy in discovering the unknown. Those were his til the end of his days. Rough and roguish, he smiled breezily at the girl who looked like she'd been born of spring flowers and summer breezes. A new unknown. "I'm Mikael, by the way. When you tell your friends about the rude stud who went tramping through your woods, you can have all the details." 

@[catnip]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blackberry wine is a favorite of mine // Catnip - by Mikael - 11-11-2020, 08:56 PM