• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beat Me Up, Beat Me Down | Sixteen
    Astra Daggenhardt
    Frail limbs stepped gingerly through the tall grass, and Astra found herself relieved to breathe in the fresh air of the meadow. The warm sands of Pangea were often a comfort to her, but, she still found herself wishing for the company of the butterflies who fluttered freely through the lush green grasses, and her heart would always wander back to them. Though still sore, she managed to travel at a somewhat slow pace.

Fear and sadness had once again taken their hold in her heart, and she wished dearly for the rest to follow - it was why she'd come to the meadow, after all. She'd thought that, perhaps, seeing her delicate winged friends flying so freely in the warm Summer air would awaken something, anything, within her, even if just the tiniest inkling of joy. Recently, things had taken a dark turn, and she'd been left scarred and afraid, her once pure white coat now marred by large scars. Her right shoulder bore jagged marks, scraping upwards towards her wing, while other parts of her body had been adorned with scars of various sizes. Black wings tipped with gold, though reunited with her body, were still aching, and she dared not move them too much.

She paused for a moment, her small frame swaying in discomfort as a low groan escaped her. Blinking away tears, her glimmering eyes searched the skies for her friends, wishing that butterfly kisses could turn pain to joy. Turquoise hair gently swirled in the warm breeze, and though her ribs screamed in protest, she breathed in deeply, sighing as she slowly allowed her muscles to relax, if only slightly. Fear ate at the back of her mind constantly now, making it difficult to truly relax.

The movement of snow-white wings caught her attention, and she quickly lost all focus and train of thought as she gazed at two butterflies dancing around each other freely above her. Lost in their trance, she let her legs give out below her, laying in the long grass with a soft thud, letting out a small cry as tender muscles hit the ground. Astra was quickly distracted by the butterflies once again though, and as one landed upon her pink nose, she stared at it, her mind completely free of thoughts.
    One life with one dream on repeat

@[sixteen]
    no thoughts, head empty
    SIXTEEN
    please don't go. i'll eat you whole, i love you so.
    Sixteen is, by his very nature, a predator. He nose his way through the tall grasses of the meadow with his head low to the ground. His talons are small but they grip the earth with each step so he leaves a distinct trail in his wake. Somewhere, another Pangean child hides in their game of tag. The boy sniffs at the air in search of this friend until the sound of Astra dropping herself down distracts him.

That is when he gathers his strength in his hind legs and pounces, claws outstretched.

His wings flare out as he collides with her. Sixteen grips some part of her loosely with his teeth, a playful bite meant for a more durable target, but not one ever meant to kill. This is when he realizes that he has caught a stranger in his tumbling assault and remorse immediately settles in. The small drake releases her and stumbles back up onto his talons as he observes her - ruffled, dirty, and clearly hurt.

I-I’m sorry. I thought you were someone else,” he blurts out as he nervously paces back and forth in the tall grass. His glowing silver eyes are wide with worry. “Are you alright? I’m so sorry.

His brow remains furrowed. As he grows older, it becomes harder and harder to judge his own strength against even other monstrous children. There’s no telling the damage he could cause someone unprepared for his brute strength and eager claws.
    @[Astra Daggenhardt]
    Astra Daggenhardt
    Her small friend had suddenly stirred, quickly fluttering away from her delicate nose, leaving her to wonder why it had left in such a hurry. The answer was quickly delivered to her in the form of claws and teeth. Sharp pain shot through her body as another being collided with her, knocking some wind out of her lungs as the sharp teeth gripped her flesh just enough to draw droplets of blood. The sides of her shoulders were not so lucky, bleeding more heavily from the impact of the claws.

Already sore from her previous ordeal, the mare could do nothing in retaliation except lay there and sob, sniffling and whimpering as the dull aches had been renewed as fresh wounds. Gingerly, she lifted her head to look for the one who'd attacked her, her heart racing as their voice caught her attention. Confused, she stared at the winged equine before her.

"Who else could I be except me?" Her voice trembled just as much as her body, yet still she forced herself to stand, refusing to stay down any longer in case this was a ploy to get her to let her guard down. Astra was filled with ache, but refused to lay still and allow any possible threat to take her without a fight. For all she knew, the other could be waiting to strike again, hoping for an easy kill since she was already weakened. His question puzzled her for a second, before she shook her head slowly.

"Of course I'm not okay! If it's a fight you want, then I'll battle you til my dying gasp, but how dare you attempt to lie to me and trick me into letting my guard down, especially after already attacking me in such an underhanded manner! Explain yourself or bare your teeth in earnest." She lowered herself with that, her head low and her legs ready to charge despite their shakiness. In truth, she probably would not last an actual fight in her current state, but fear was now pumping adrenaline through her body, forcing her to stand her ground despite the pain and despite the blood that dripped idly down her coat.
    One life with one dream on repeat

@[sixteen] Sorry for taking 800 centuries to reply, but please accept this poorly written 2AM reply