• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you wouldn't leave till we loved in the morning
    LITOTES

It's so easy: the rise and the fall, the push and the pull, the endless floating. Litotes collapses into his lover's touch when he finds it, equally energized and exhausted and needing her so, so much. Lilt is home like he's never known it - the warmth of love's touch, the eager embrace, the soft, soft yearning because even with himself pressed fervently to her, it's never close enough.

Lie's mouth finds the smooth arch of Lilt's neck and he presses gentle, careful kisses wherever he can reach. She's so soft, so strong, so much more than he believed he ever deserved. He's so grateful, in ways he doesn't know how to describe. There are only ways he can show her: beautiful flowers he brings home, sunny afternoons spinning shadows for their children, loud and carefree laughter. He can only give her wonderful memories and a life as unburdened as possible, only read what she wishes for between the lines and offer those wishes as surprises.

But he wishes he could say it. With all his vulnerability and fear. Let Lilt hear how deeply he cares for her.

Are you okay?

It's a loaded question, one he wants to answer honestly; but he knows he's okay, now, with her - the distant thought of their children blinking themselves awake keeping him warm. When he's alone though, listless and weighted, he remembers the grief and it's neverending abyss. Lie doesn't like to be reminded of it, but he doesn't take it out on Lilt - and perhaps speaking of it with someone he loves will help mend the rift he ignores in his chest.

"Not all the time, no," Lie eventually answers, a hesitant smile lifting one side of his lips. "It's certainly a strange situation; I . . ." he trails off, unsure of exactly what he was trying to say. "Ghaul was dear to me, but I understand it." I just worry for Draco, now. He doesn't say that out loud, instead praying that not uttering the words will make his son's anger feel less real.

"Are you okay?" Lie parrots, letting the smile on his face grow as he darts forward to sneak a kiss to Lilt's lips. He means the question seriously, wondering if she is okay with how often he disappears recently; but he simply cannot resist the way she looks in the early morning light.

and let the cool air in, feel the night slip in
    as it softly glides across your back
    and i hope you leave right before the sun comes up
    so i can watch it alone

@[Lilt]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you wouldn't leave till we loved in the morning - by litotes - 11-26-2020, 10:23 PM