• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i must go to the seas again | all
    so I take off my face, because it reminds me how it all went wrong
    but I leave in my heart because I don't want to stay in the dark

The news of Lepis’ death had surprised Mesec and he truly would mourn the scar-dappled mare. She had been the first to greet him here, to welcome him with her own unique brand of humour, and the first to make him laugh in this new land. He wasn’t altogether certain that he would want to stay in Loess now, but it was as good of a home-base as any and, until he met more of the horses around Beqanna he simply did not know whether there was somewhere better suited.

He comes to the meeting, standing among the crowd, feeling the weight of the grief.

How odd that he could have been gone exploring for a few days and missed so much.

Oceane, the remaining queen, speaks of mourning and rebuilding, of communication. It is his first impression of the colourful mare and he thinks she’s handling this situation about as well as anyone might. There are a few other faces, though Mesec doesn’t immediately find Malone, and hopes the kind stallion is doing well.

Mesec might have waited to introduce himself, but another stallion speaks up and it makes him think that it might be okay. So when there is a chance he moves, dipping his head in acknowledgement before speaking. "I'm Mesec, I've newly arrived and though I surely did not know Lepis as well as some I grieve for the loss of her. I could accompany you to one of the other lands. I don't know them well either but whatever assistance I can give, even if it's just an extra body and set of eyes, you'll have it."

art by astralseed at deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    i must go to the seas again | all - by Oceane - 10-04-2020, 01:09 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Soran - 10-05-2020, 11:03 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Tarian - 10-09-2020, 02:16 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Mesec - 10-10-2020, 07:58 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Oceane - 10-20-2020, 09:26 PM