• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i must go to the seas again | all

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

“There is not much that can be said. Certainly nothing that can fix Loess' suffering.” Oceane's gilded eyes fall on any who have gathered before her with an uncharacteristic emptiness; she reserves a sad smile for Soran and Altum before returning her gaze to the remainder of the Loessians. She tries not to look at the scorched earth behind them - despite the growth of spring, it's still blatant where the flames had traveled through their home.

“Today, we mourn the loss of Lepis.” Weeks have passed since she had discovered the blue-and-dun woman's charred wings in the aftermath of the land's destruction. Weeks since she had confided in her best friend and ruling partner. This is the first she has been able to gather that string of words together and present them as clearly as she could muster to the residents who call the foothills home.

“And tomorrow we will rebuild.”

She sighs and rustles the opaline wings at her side anxiously before shifting her weight against the hard-packed earth beneath her. She is at a loss now, finding no other words to comfort the collective before her. When finally she clears her throat once more, the lavender and turquoise woman raises her head a bit higher and speaks to them with kindness and confidence.

“I am here to serve you to the best of my abilities. Open communication will be our greatest asset. Please find me if you need me. And if any would like to accompany me to Sylva and the Pampas, please let me know before you depart this meeting today.”

@[all]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    i must go to the seas again | all - by Oceane - 10-04-2020, 01:09 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Soran - 10-05-2020, 11:03 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Tarian - 10-09-2020, 02:16 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Mesec - 10-10-2020, 07:58 PM
    RE: i must go to the seas again | all - by Oceane - 10-20-2020, 09:26 PM