• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Words Fall to Become The Sand | Any
    Astra Daggenhardt
    She found comfort within the sands, somehow. The soft whisper it made as it blew in the wind, and the soft feeling underfoot gave her peace of mind. The dry, hardy grass here had a special smell in the sun, and as it filled her lungs she felt comforted, letting her once hurried pace slow to a gentle walk. Her limbs still ached as she walked, but it could not be helped. Steadily she strolled through the canyon, letting the sunlight bathe her skin as her eyes closed.

She was blissful in this moment, despite the trauma she'd endured not too long ago. In this moment, there was no fear, nor sadness, there was just the quiet of the rocks around her, accompanied and broken only by the gentle gale that whispered in her ears. Gingerly, she stretched her wings, letting the sun warm them to feel something besides the ache that moving them brought. Though she despised the grey stallion that had thrown her into the afterlife and beyond, she was thankful at least that when she returned, he'd mended her wings. Even if she could not fly again yet, it was better than never being able to fly again for the rest of her life. She could not imagine a life where she couldn't glide through the air, nor could she imagine a feeling more blissful than the wind through her feathers as the sun kissed her skin.

Astra paused, gazing around her at warm hues that surrounded her. No matter how wonderful the flowers may be elsewhere, this place always called back to her, and she never failed to return to the warmth of the sands.
    One life with one dream on repeat
    is this the end of everything?
    STRAIA
    or is it just a new way to bleed?
    Funny, she has never flown. For some reason, such a thing does not appeal to her. She can easily give herself wing (has given one of her children wings, in fact). She wields her magic so often in the form of ravens, winged beasts of fire and smoke, air and water. Yet she herself never flies. Instead she simply appears and disappears, finding that such a thing suits her now. Perhaps because some part of her belongs to the other world now, some part of her will never truly exist as it once did. She had lived and died and to come back is never quite the same.

Still, she does not mind being alive again. Nor does she mind the power that flows through her, or the way her magic tingles at the presence of one of Pangea’s residents. Straia appears not far off, catching sight of the mare who had been present at the meeting but not truly a part of it. She seems to simply be enjoying Pangea, and though it was hardly the most beautiful place, there was something to enjoy about it all the same.

Straia makes her way forward, approaching the mare. Might as well get to know her better now, if Straia was going to call herself Dominus of this place. ”Hello,” she says simply, her voice smoky as it always has been. ”I do not think we have properly met. I am Straia.”

@[Astra Daggenhardt]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Astra Daggenhardt
    A stranger's voice caught her attention, her ears swiveling in the direction of the source as she peered at the mare she'd seen briefly at the meeting. Astra had not stayed there long, though she had not known the dragon they had buried for longer than a brief encounter, death always saddened her, and seeing him buried only deepened that sadness. She'd made her way out of meeting shortly after, escaping to the sands to distract her from her worries.

"H-hello, Straia, I saw you for a while at the meeting, I think. My mother named me Astra, it's nice to speak with you in person." Her voice matched her small frame, it was hushed and her words were somewhat jumbled as she mumbled. She kept her gaze down as she spoke, she was shy and not used to meeting others, especially not in such a delicate manner, and her eyes only darted back up occasionally to meet Straia's gaze in an attempt to signal that she was listening. 

Black wings shuffled back to her sides in nervousness, her stance now more tense than it had been while she was wandering the sands alone.
    One life with one dream on repeat

@[Straia] Astra is shy but thinks Straia is v pretty, also I'm sorry for the very delayed reply!