• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are coming home; everdeen
    @[e v e r d e e n]
    D E M I A N ( carnage x adalind )
    For the years he had spent roaming in the valley, alone and without social interaction, demian had become the silent wanderer. Emotions were on their lowest level and desire and lust had almost left him completely. The need for comfort, or others being close had left him entirely. He preferred to be alone.

So when they started coming, one by one, he had tried to ignore them. He had sat back in the trees, watching them shuffle about and wait for someone to greet them. And then there was the gray patched girl. She came second. Strutting into the valley with a surrounding confidence.  Her desire seemed different then the rest that floated through only to leave when they realized how desolate the valley truly was.

He watched her for a while, her beauty had been noted but women had never been something he chased or desired. Children would most likely never be in his future. The need to procreate was almost void within him. "Hello," he said as he stepped forward and out of the trees. "I'm Demian. Welcome to The Valley." It seemed as though he was becoming quite the little welcomer for the wooded kingdom.

The only thing about the woman that seemed to be the most attractive to the graying stallion was her amber eyes. Their honey like color kept his own eyes drawn to her own. It took a few moments for him to look away and with swift steps he turned away slightly, blinking his eyes furiously. "Have you come to stay?"

The question wasn't out of curiosity, it was purely out of the uncomfortable feeling she created within his mind when she was easily able to draw his eyes to her own.
    immortal winged black hybrid stallion

been tryin' hard not to get into trouble

She was glad to have some company, finally, although she was in the company of a King; literally. Everdeen had been raised by a Queen herself but she had never fancied such things for herself, it seemed too much of a strain at least right now. She wanted companionship, someone to pet and call her own if you will...even if in secrecy.

The man's voice rolls up from her saccral to her cervical spine, it sends a message to her brain and suddenly; dopamine and serotonin are releasing. He asks if she has come to stay, she isn't sure or wasn't but perhaps she could become smitten with someone who found it in her best interest to do so. "Demian, that was my father's name. I am Everdeen," she says sheepishly, her doe eyes peering up from the long lashes. She cocks her gray head slightly at him, pondering his question. "I would love to stay, given something to do. What do you do here?" she says this so naively, the Valley seemed like a fitting home from someone so innocent but full of envy, bad-blood to live. Everdeen may have stood a snowballs chance in hell if she had a proper raising but it is inevitable that we all turn into our mother's at some point.

Oh baby girl, you may be a virgin but you will not be pure in thoughts for very much longer.

e v e r d e e n

@[demian]
    you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    "Was it now?" A slight look of amusement passes of my features as I tilt my head and watch her with slight curiosity. "And here I was thinking I was the only one who bore that name. Then again, I guess that is slightly illogical, right?" A slight smirk travels across my features as I watch her. It didn't take long to notice those big doe eyes peering up from under her thick lashes and clearing my throat slightly I follow the action with a slight 'hurumph' before rolling my shoulders.

I had never truly been in the presence of someone who was so strong in the field of flirtation and to be honest, I had never had the chance to prepare for it. When it would make others giddy, it just made someone like myself almost uncomfortable in a sense. I never was the type to liking what I didn't have experience with. And this was certainly one of those things, especially since I wasn't the flirtatious type myself in the least. "Well.. I'm quite certain we could find you something to do..."

My words are hesitant as I continue to observe the girl infront of me. It's certainly not that I dislike it her. It was purely for the reason that as previously explained, I had never been one to handle new situations well. Not with my social anxiety and all. It was her follow up question that suddenly had me catching her gaze and holding it steady with my own. I had only introduced myself once as King since I had taken over and I never really had liked referring to myself as much.

For a few minutes I allow the silence to fill the space between us before looking away and nodding towards the trees. "I, Everdeen, am the King of the Valley." Turning to look back at her I smile slightly before shrugging. "It seems much more fancy than it is." I was never going to be one who held the title in high reverence. I had never strove to be king simply for the fact of power. I had strove to be king in order to rebuild and find the right one to lead after me.

And I guess it also came with the fact that I truly just wanted to be seen as who I was, not for my title. It was after my little introduction though that my ears burst into cosmic fire, perfectly forming the shape of two ears in place of my real ones and only when I smelt the small smell of singed hair did I realize what was happening. Yet again, my body was chosing to change and internally I was screaming, panicking, not yet ready for the gift. While on the outside I stood there calm, doing my best to not look upwards and ignore the changes taking place.  

demian

been tryin' hard not to get into trouble

The gray and white lady can feel his uneasiness and though she wants to slide even closer and attempt to assure him that she means no harm, but her institution speaks against it. She doesn't know much about politics and mannerisms but she has learned to trust a gut feeling. She sheepishly grins, her eyes averted down in a shy way. She had been mistaken for weak, she was not weak at all - she simply just appeared to have soft stems, the Venus fly trap looks harmless too.

She admires his wings momentarily, she's a plain girl and although she's very beautiful she has no tactical advantages that an army member would have and thus far, she's only been a pleasant face in diplomatic ventures. She had wanted to meet the King, surprisingly not for sexual gain, but his ideologies and wishes. Her mouth opens but nothing comes out, how could she be so ignorant to not know this was the King before her? Does she bow? That isn't in her character, not out of disrespect but she was not the type to be subservient despite her general tone and attitude. Quite illogical but I feel quite silly not recognizing my own King, fancy or not - I'm a newer diplomat and I actually would like to get to know you a little better," her brow lifts, her big doe eyes reaching out, "I'm traveling the entire span of Beqanna and I need to know who you're most interested in as allies and if there's any particulars you'd like me to look for. I'm essentially a nobody and no one recognizes me right now, it's the best time to take a pre-emptive strike on activities of others," she says matter-of-factly, she is confident in her quests and what she has said. To be portrayed as something so innocent and so unknowing, she is definitely the opposite. "But please, if you have other things I can do for you and the Valley don't hesitate to ask - how is the Valley treating you? And those wings?"  Perhaps the King is not used to much social interaction and perhaps he expects more of a rough edge to a Valley member but you know the story about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

e v e r d e e n

@[demian]