• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what is life without change
    love is a temporary madness...
    She could have never made a claim to being unafraid. She had spent much of her youth being terrified. A fear that had gone bone deep and lingered for many, many years. It is only recently that she had managed to shed herself of lifelong fears, to trust in herself and her own emotions. It had certainly not been an easy journey, learning to trust herself. But one thing that she had learned invariably is that not all fear is unhealthy. Sometimes, fear is the only thing that keeps you alive.

And staying alive is something she has excelled at, even in the worst, most trying of times. Excelled at so well that she had managed once to kill herself in her bid to live. Ironically enough, she had survived, with only the circular white patch on her chest to show for it. It is a constant reminder for her that life is not always what you expect.

As the mare’s eyes flash in surprise at her sudden appearance, Elysteria’s expression turns apologetic. She typically makes a point of not so blatantly using her gifts, but she had been in something of a rush when she had landed. Having spent many years wandering the lands outside Beqanna, she is well aware that her abilities are considering exceedingly strange and entirely uncommon in many of these places. She knows that few would have seen horses with talents like hers. In the interest of not frightening off newcomers, she therefore tries to avoid flagrantly displaying her talents.

Fortunately, her judgement had been sound. The mare shows no undue discomfort by her presence, and for that she is glad. As the mare continues, offering her name, Elysteria finds that she rather likes her. She silently hopes that, one day soon, they might become friends. Inclining her head slightly at Iset’s introduction, Elysteria continues the conversation easily.

“A beautiful name, regardless. As a bearer of a rather long name myself, I certainly understand your plight. It is a pleasure to meet you Iset. Friends often call me Ely for short.”

Her friendly smile makes it clear that Iset is more than welcome to do so as well. After only a brief pause, Elysteria continues.

“I hope you do not feel that I am being too forward, but I thought that I might offer you a place to stay, out of this wretched weather. I live in the Dale, and I can proudly say that we boast quite a number of good places in which to ride out a storm.”

She offers a grin of amusement, bright eyes merry despite the dismal rain.

“If you find you enjoy it there, you would be more that welcome to make it your home.”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

Messages In This Thread
    what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-09-2015, 10:17 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Elysteria - 08-09-2015, 11:52 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-10-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Elysteria - 08-10-2015, 11:11 PM
    what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-11-2015, 07:02 AM