• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what is life without change

Time has passed and I am nearly to the point of giving up on today's efforts for a home, and settling into a copse of trees. I feel girlish admitting it, but I don't like being wet, and I'd rather chance the falling of a stricken tree than the rain. My mother was forever scolding me for not being tougher when it came to storms. She wasn't afraid of anything or anyone.

Me? I'm just very good at pretending, most of the time, that I am not afraid either.

The mare who arrives almost like a flash of lightning herself manages to startle me, however. It takes a full breath's pause for my scrambled brain to understand that she flew through the air, and has just landed in front of me. Where I come from, horses do not fly. At least, not without wings. And even then, I have never seen it for myself. I've only heard stories, but a fierce longing to try it for myself someday washes through me. My eyes must widen considerably as I meet the brown eyed gaze of Elysteria. I feel a flash of embarrassment for my lack of knowledge and hope that I don't seem too much of an idiot.

She speaks, most likely graciously overlooking my country-girl-in-the-city response, and her voice is a welcome relief. I hadn't realized how desperately lonely I have been.

"Oh, um, thank you. I'm glad you did. Stop, I mean."

Charming, Iset. She probably thinks you're an idiot. As first impressions go, it's not my best.

"I am called Isetnofret, although truthfully everyone in my family had rather long names, and I prefer Iset."

Messages In This Thread
    what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-09-2015, 10:17 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Elysteria - 08-09-2015, 11:52 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-10-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Elysteria - 08-10-2015, 11:11 PM
    what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-11-2015, 07:02 AM