• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what is life without change
    love is a temporary madness...
    Some days, she wishes her story had been far less interesting. What had made it interesting, the pain, the suffering, the fear: these are things she would not wish upon her anyone. Yes, these things had made her the woman she is today. But some days, she is not entirely certain she is pleased with who she has become. She has done things in the name of life that she is not proud of, things better left unmentioned. But she is alive, and she has attained a hard won level of happiness that she had long fought for. And for her, for now, that is enough.

The day has been overcast since early morning, the heavily laden clouds threatening rain. To this point, she has paid little attention to the weather, her mind having been thoroughly occupied with various other tasks. But now that the next task on her list is to make her way to the field in order to see what newcomers there are today, her russet eyes turn to the sky. As her preferred method of travel, it is immediate and automatic for her. She studies the pewter sky for several long minutes before launching herself into the air.

She makes the journey from home to field in a relatively short amount of time. If it does start to rain, the sky is not necessarily the best place to be. Nevertheless, she continues forward as the place she seeks comes into view. The land below her is nearly as familiar to her as the rolling hills of the Dale. With cinnamon hued eyes scanning the flat expanse, she searches for a likely candidate.

A black mare stands hunched against the impending rain as the sky makes good on its threat. Her eyes latch upon the woman, her well-honed instincts telling her that this mare is the one she seeks. With the rain starting to sprinkle down, she quickly drops from the sky. She lands before the mare, settling gently onto the earth in front of her. A warm smile curves her dark lips, a matching warmth emanating from her bright russet eyes.

“I apologize for my sudden appearance. The sky is a dangerous place to be during a storm. No doubt I should be safely at home,” she says, a small laugh escaping her lips. “But I could not leave without speaking to you. I am Elysteria, of the Dale. May I ask your name?”
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

Messages In This Thread
    what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-09-2015, 10:17 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Elysteria - 08-09-2015, 11:52 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-10-2015, 01:50 PM
    RE: what is life without change - by Elysteria - 08-10-2015, 11:11 PM
    what is life without change - by Isetnofret - 08-11-2015, 07:02 AM