• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i took a sleeping pill and cant think of a title
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Midsommar is visibly delighted at the prospect of magic, and in her bright, wide expression, Gale finds that that the indigo shade of her eyes is not unlike the deep shadows of Islandres’ waters.

Somehow, her happiness is spilling over to him. It is a little like when Pteron shares, but nothing about this feels fabricated by magic the way his brother’s happiness projection always did. It warms him, melting away the cold edges of discomfort that often plague his conversations with strangers. Her laugh sounds like rainwater on lava rock, and that is one of Gale’s very favorite sounds.

“I can only show you the images,” Gale admits, “You’d need to come to Islandres to really experience it for yourself.” What she has said earlier gives him hope that she is not opposed to coming to take in the place with her own eye, but Gale is a realist, even if an optimistic one.

“You could come see it now?” He proposes casually, and then: “as long as I’d not get in trouble for stealing you away, of course.” Though Gale had not commented on it at the time, he had not missed the fact that the girl in front of him is the daughter of a king. A former king, perhaps, but Gale has recently been reminded that as Islandres grows, so does the weight of his actions. Gale thinks nothing of inviting a friend – a pretty friend, who thinks he is pretty too – back to Islandres, but he must also think of his family there. And what of Eyas and the monsters in her nightmares; what harm might encountering a Pangean do? Islandres is a place of peace and quiet, and he sets that firmly against the way her gemstones glitter in the light.

“Perhaps you might tell me about Pangea, on the way?” He does not rescind his offer, but there are places on the island where they are less likely to encounter anyone else. If Gale is still unsure when they arrive, he can always show her the billowing – but dry – lavender meadows on the southern shores. With this decided, he looks back to where Malachi has trotted into the dusk, and then back to Midsommar. “Are you a good swimmer?”

@[midsommar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i took a sleeping pill and cant think of a title - by Gale - 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM