• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've been talking with your fists | oceane

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

“I'm so sorry, Gale,” the woman's voice breaks as he reaches out to raise her quivering chin. She allows the touch, leans into it even, in hopes that it will allow them to share the burden of this mourning. She is silent for a time, with full knowledge that there are no words she can string together that will help heal the sadness that grips them both tight.

There's no escaping this type of anguish.

She concentrates on the warmth of the blue stallion as they embrace - she attempts to find comfort and solace in it, but still the sobs threaten to rise in her throat. She has not yet allowed herself the opportunity to grieve unbridled, not until now, and finally she allows a singular gasping sob to fall from her heaving chest as it presses against Gale.

His words, his kind words about the mother and relationship he must be grieving for, draw tears from her amber eyes and they spill generally across her opaline face.

“She would,” Oceane agrees through her tight throat, that Lepis would want to be remembered in that way. A slow sigh, accompanied by a hiccup, is pushed forcefully from Oceane's lips, and then, with another wave of grief: “She was my best friend.”

@[Gale]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've been talking with your fists | oceane - by Oceane - 11-07-2020, 06:20 PM