• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

got a devil on your back so shake it out

sometimes we want what we want --
        -- even if we know it’s going to kill us.

Straia chuckles slightly at the question, not offended. Her smile turns almost motherly as she looks toward the raven on her back. “I’ve always been fond of them, above all, I suspect. But they are useful. Clever things, and so often overlooked. It is easy to have eyes everywhere that no one seems bothered by.” Besides which there was, admittedly, something dramatic about a burning raven flying into battle. Though I do not believe they are any more magical than the next thing in Beqanna.

The topic shifts, and Straia follows the story of Aela’s encounter on the mountain. Perhaps this is why the faeries chose her. Straia believes, as they do, that choices must be understood before made. In this, she was not a typical magician. She did not simply assume, but asked. She cannot help but think of how Ana had given Gar no such luxury, though Ana had been their protector long enough that Straia had no right to judge. It seems to me you are well on your way to succeeding in that task. But they are right. To feel the emotions of others is no small thing. To have power is no small thing, and so many do not truly understand what they are asking for.

The topic shifts though, and Straia smiles slightly. You are more than welcome to call Pangea home. I would be glad to have you. Are you interested in a job? Not a requirement, but Aela strikes Straia as a child with plans and a desire for purpose. If she did not have such things, she would not be here, would not stand in awe of the power Straia wields and long for her own.

-- straia

the raven queen

@[Aela]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: got a devil on your back so shake it out - by Straia - 10-16-2020, 09:02 AM