• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

someday out of the blue
    Leilan
    Leilan is very grateful too: for her normal greeting, for her caring for the children more than her disliking him. How quick the tables had turned, all in one day, between them; going from an understanding to a world of differences. It saddens him a little, but he has come to expect such from life - the spotted mare had left him, too, so he hadn’t let Lilli get as close to his heart either. Too close already, perhaps, with the twins as a result. Once and nevermore, then? He supposes she wouldn’t even think about it. She’d be right, too.

For all that she hated her pregnancy (another reason he doesn’t think there’s going to be a second time), she does love her children. That she shares them with him doesn’t deter her in the slightest, and thankfully, she doesn’t keep him away either. She does sound... dutiful, courteous. It’s off, and he gives her a questioning glance, but nothing more as they’re both distracted.

He’d be more amused and have commented at her shiver, under normal circumstances. Now, he just gives the red mare something of a knowing smile, though he lets himself be distracted by the small child and her moment of education (or correction). ”Hello Roselin. Are you having fun today?” The conversation gets interrupted a moment before she can answer however, when Lilli asks where Oren could be. Not because of the question, but because of the young boy bursting from the bushes.

”Boo!” His childish laughter follows his jump over the branches and leaves, though he honestly doesn’t get as high as he thinks he does. Oren runs towards Rosey, bumping his head at her playfully when he arrives. He follows up with a buck and a twist to look at his Momma, then at the new figure visiting them. ”Boo, too?” he grins, knowing very well that that is not a normal greeting.
    I make no promises
    I can’t do golden rings

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 09-25-2020, 10:44 AM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by Leilan - 09-26-2020, 03:33 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 10-01-2020, 11:51 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by Leilan - 10-08-2020, 03:05 PM
    RE: someday out of the blue - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:43 PM