• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

Yanhua

Yanhua grinned.

“I visit him when I’m able to. He can fly, so Nash tends to be the one visiting me.” The long-horned stallion laughed brightly. Nashua had been born with a magnificent set of wings that he used to terrorize Yan until the younger of the twin horses sprouted his horns. After that, the playing ground had leveled between them.

In the present, Yanhua led them further and delighted Borderline with his little party trick, turning his mane and tail into a beacon for her to marvel over. Her compliment kept him grinning; there might not have been any warmth in Yanhua’s mane, but there was certainly a type of heat in the look he shot Borderline. In the dead of a Taiga winter, they both might be glad for a little extra company between them.

He spoke at length to her about his thoughts concerning her mother, felt that same rush of heat when Borderline declared her journey had brought good things into her life - like his presence - and remained close to her side after feeling the way she’d leaned into his touch. Here Yan had thought he’d been all alone these years, saddened by the loss of his brother and mother, when in reality Borderline had been suffering more than he could’ve imagined. The grass always seems greener elsewhere, he thought, watching her descend the little stairs made of a tree’s roots.

It amazed him how far she’d come in such a short time, because as much as Borderline seemed wise beyond her years, Yanhua knew she was still a relatively young mare. How young, she hadn’t said; Yan thought it over carefully while he stared at the lovely shape of her darling face, torn on how to broach the subject of his emotions after she’d told him (in so many words) about her fear of abandonment. At the moment she was making him out to be a hero in her story, and Yanhua liked that - he liked her enough to not take advantage of that fact. What kind of stallion would he be otherwise?

But this tension between them… Yan decided to tread its path carefully.

“Yes! Absolutely!” She exclaimed, interrupting his train of thought. Yanhua beamed and shook his head, pushing away his concerns for the moment. He wouldn’t spoil the mood with his temptations. “Well then Borderline,” The tall, flaxen chestnut horse curled his neck and made a show of standing tall for a second or two, suddenly regal and a bit mythical with the hazy forest all around them, “Let me be the first to officially welcome you home.” Yan murmured in the back of his throat, then he dipped his horns in a slow but graceful bow.

When he’d finished, the regal seriousness had faded away. The same Yan who’d approached her in the meadow returned, complete with that lopsided smile. The Taigan stallion flicked his bright golden tail and reared, turning wildly around on his hind legs before he leapt off into the woods, cantering briskly toward the level ground up ahead where a sea of jurassic ferns completely covered the ground. “Come on!” He urged the newest member of his family, tossing his head over his shoulder with a bright blue stare. “There’s a place I’d like to show you - my place.” He shouted, then slowed so Borderline could catch up to him.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

@[Borderline]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Yanhua - 10-07-2020, 05:46 PM