• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

Yanhua

The day wouldn’t be bright for much longer, and Yanhua didn’t waste any time following Borderline's quiet smile. He picked his unusual forehooves out of the snow and pushed off into an ambling walk, harmessly eyeing the gray mare when he passed her by. Something about the way her forelock fell into place over her pretty doe-eyes made Yan’s heart stumble, and he looked away again hastily. “I should really thank Lilli sometime for bringing her home.” He thought to himself with a damning grin, leading them both from the meadow into the redwood forest. This blue-haired beauty could end up being a dangerous attraction for him.

And yet, knowing all that didn’t keep Yanhua from savoring the exciting feelings Borderline was stirring up, what with her smiles and her shy laughter he suddenly wanted more of. He pondered them both (and the way she looked at him) enthusiastically, following the trail as it went.

“I like you.” He told Borderline abruptly, side-stepping off the path a bit to make room for her on his left. The fog closed in behind them and the meadow disappeared, but Yanhua lit their way with his bodily glow and turned to peer down at Borderline with a warm, noble grin. He kept talking after a very brief, but very heavy pause. “I’ve just turned four and yes, I was born in these lands.”

He didn’t lose his footing or look back at the trail; Yanhua knew exactly where he was going. He’d rather look at her, instead.

“I have a twin brother actually, named Nashua. My earliest memories are of us growing up here in Taiga. He left a few years ago to make a life in another land farther north, and I pledged my allegiance to these woods not long after that. Been around ever since. Now you’re here…” Yan teased Borderline, acting suspicious of her without warning. “I’m curious you know. Why’d you come alone to Taiga? What’s your story, newcomer?” He wondered, scrutinizing Borderline’s expression with a charming wink, finally glancing ahead. In truth, Yan was captivated by her - she shouldn’t worry at all.

The path cleared out a bit. Beyond the edges of the meadow, smaller pines couldn’t grow up in heavy shade. Yan and Borderline could easily walk beside one another and pass through the seemingly endless maze of trees without having to be so close, but Yanhua barely moved away from her side. He was perfectly content to stay close if @[Borderline] wanted him there, one ear tilted in her direction as Yan took them slowly westward.

I GOT | Extra | FEELINGS

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Yanhua - 09-25-2020, 09:58 PM