• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down

despite the overwhelming odds, tomorrow came

I find myself really enjoying his laughter. There is something pure and innocent about it, melodic and much welcomed. And he didn’t seem to protest my jesting with him, which warms me up slightly to him even more. I could feel my nerves melting away, like the snow beneath the warm spring sun. I smile broadly and dip my head ever so slightly so that a lock of blue mane falls into my eyes.

I find myself wanting him to ask about me, and I feel like I would have no problems telling him about myself, even though some of it wasn’t all that pleasant or nice. I want him to know that I am not from these lands, that I have felt alone in life ever since I could remember, that my mother had been neglectful, and when she wasn’t being neglectful, she was mean. I want him to know these things about me, and in turn, I want to know more about him.

However, that moment passed quickly when he speaks of the fire, and I instantly feel frightened and saddened. Yanhua, however, knows exactly what to do. He lowers his head to look me in the eyes, and I stop, instantly draw in by them, and it calms me considerably. He also reassures me that everyone is fine and that there were only a few injuries and that Lilliana is okay. I breathe a sigh of relief.

He reaches towards me, almost as if to comfort me, but then stops. I find myself wishing he hadn’t stopped. For some reason, I find myself wanting his touch, his comforting. He just felt so comfortable already, even though I had just met him only moments earlier. When he stops, I wallow in a moment of disappointment, though I try to keep that sentiment to myself.

“What happened? I mean, how did the fire start?” I ask, trying to distract myself from the disappointment.

Then he mentions that Taigans stick together. This sentiment sends warm thrills through me. It was almost like a family here, and I hoped that one day I would be a part of that family. I smile, a soft smile that radiates warmth into my surroundings. “That sounds nice,” I say in an equally warming voice, then quickly add, “That Taigans stick together. And I’m glad that everything is alright. Yes, the forest will grow back, though I can’t imagine it will grow back very quickly! I mean, look at these trees! They’re huge!” I smile, a bright and cheerful smile this time, especially since he referred back to my original jest. I definitely think that I could be happy here, and perhaps, for the first time in my life, I might not feel so lonely?

borderline

Photo by Sharon McCutcheon from Unsplash

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She waits from ledges for a voice to talk her down - by Borderline - 09-23-2020, 07:30 PM